Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chuck roast recipe

Options
wobin
wobin Posts: 211
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One 4-6lb chuck roast
One envelope Liptons onion soup mix
One can cream of mushroom soup
Your favorite dp dust[p]Place dusted chuck roast in heavy duty foil. Sprinkle onion soup and spoon mushroon soup all over the top of meat. Seal up the foil and egg at 275° grid for 4-5 hours. Good with mashed potatoes.[p]Cheers, Glenn

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    wobin,
    Ahhhhh, the same recipe we put in the Crock Pot with the exception we cut the chuck roast into small pieces. Never tried it on the Egg. Guess it is just another thing in my long list of "Must Tries".

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    wobin,
    BTW, Howdy do!! [p]Good to see the Fairfield Cook didn't wear you to a frazzle.

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    wobin,[p]Just a newbie, but I want to share my similar cook tonite. 2 lb +/- sirloin roast (butcher called it a steak) - it was about 2 inch thick. Rolled in flour and DP RTS. Seared on both sides in a dutch oven with EVOO. Removed the meat and carmelized a layer of vidalia onions in the dutch oven. Then added green bell peppers to the dutch oven and more RTS. Put the meat back in the pot and poured about 1/2 can beer in. Put on the egg at about 300 F. After 2 hours or so poured in some Pinot Noir and added portabella mushrooms and small potatoes. Cooked until the meat could be separated with a fork and the potatoes fell apart. The onions and bell peppers disapeared into the gravy. I was very pleased.

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    BOBF, STOP IT!!!!! you are making me hungry. That sounds really good!

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    wobin,
    That recipe is dam close to how I cook a brisket.Good with the onion mix.Use one can of mushroom soup,one can of celery soup and pour it over the brisket and cook as directed you will be surprised how good the brisket is.Of course brown the brisket and put in roasting pan covered till done.Fantistic! All of my family looks forward to this method of doing the brisket.

• BOBF
    Options
    LasVegasMac,[p]Thanks. It was. Still have leftovers for tomorrow.

• wobin
    Options
    darnoc,
    Didn't even think of brisket, sounds good. Will try.

• wobin
    Options
    Morro Bay Rich,
    Howdy rich, I've got a Morro Bay tritip ready to go on as soon as Robin gets home. Hope your trip up north is doin fine, if you will post some of your favorite pics please.
    Cheers, Glenn

• penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Options
    BOBF,
    any idea of total cook time?

• BOBF
    Options
    Penfresh,[p]Around three and 1/2 hours. Again, I just let it cook partially uncovered and direct until the meat could be shredded with a fork. I have a feeling that the quality of the meat will have a strong effect on the time to get the tenderness you want.