Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what DON'T you like cooked on the egg

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brett was across the street last night grilling some chicken thighs on his XL. . .it was a beautiful evening out, and brett asked me what i was cooking on my eggs, and I replyed "you know, i'm making hot dogs tonight, but we really prefer them simply boiled in beer on the stove, rather than grilled on the egg". .. and that got me to thinking, with everything i do cook on my eggs, what do we eat that i prefer cooked on something else. ...so, as i said, [p]hebrew nationals cooked in beer on the stove (yes i could cook them on the egg in beer, but we just prefer them this way)[p]thanksgiving stuffing. ..with all that bread and liquid - i.e. broth, its hard to keep the stuffing from absorbing too much smoke flavor (even with a really clean fire - although bread pudding works great on the egg - must be the cream that keeps the flavor mild)[p]ok, so my list is pretty short. ...how about anyone else? .. .what do you guys NOT like cooked on the egg....

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    ok oK OK, I'll admit it...with the price of lobster out here in the flat lands of Illinois I prefer not to risk egging them but instead cook to perfection on the stove where I can keep a careful eye on color and curl. I've tried Hound Dogs recipe twice and they were IMHO just OK - but maybe it was the fear of screwing up that has never made them seem as good.[p]There...I've said it and I feel better!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    i will never cook maine lobster on a grill again. its just not right compared to steamed boiled or just plain baked. cream based chowder is also out along with anything with stuffing. not the biggest fan of pasta on the egg as well, unless its heavily sauced

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I still prefer chicken wings deep fried. -RP

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    Coffee - takes too long in the morning.
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    I'd have to say whole Turkey is my least favorite thing on the BGE....Have done 3 of them this year....Followed solid recipes....and they came out reasonably good....Just not great....Not to BGE eggspectations...(LOL)....And I guess I just like deep-fried Turkeys more....especially after I inject them....That's just me...[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Liver....But I don't like liver period.
    Larry

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I've been trying Halibut, but just mildly satisfied with the smoke flavor. I suppose salmon is a better fish for smoking. Somehow, Halibut just taste better wrapped in foil with a cut of lemon, some olive oil or butter. salt and garlic. The smoke flavor seems to detract from it's delicate flavors. My 15 month old son loves it this way, but he refuses to eat the smoked version no matter how many times we try.

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I don't like omelettes or pancakes cooked on the Egg. Evwery time I pour the batter, it just runs right through the grate onto the fire and makes one hell of a smokey mess.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• rex clingan
    Options
    bread, when cooked the next cook after something greasy like a pork shoulder. The pizza stone I use for indirect seems to wick grease forever and gives the bread a grease fire flavor.

• Q-Scoop
    Q-Scoop Posts: 59
    Options
    Corn on the cob. A guy at a produce stand told me to take the husk off, roll the ears in paper towels and microwave them for about three minutes. They turn out a perfect crisp/sweet texture. Catherine

• Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Options
    Coffee - Only because it's a pain. We usually have an ice storm in Georgia every year. One year while without power I made a pot of Java on the BGE - tasted fine, just took to long. I like to drink a couple cups before I start my BGE. I grew up in Wisconsin - blizzards were common so it drives me nuts how Atlanta shuts down during inclemate weather. Better safe than sorry though.
  • EdF
    EdF Posts: 121
    Options
    Check out this thing. You'll always be prepared, and the coffee comes out awesome.

Filtron