Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Chicken (on the griddle)

Options
I know this is the BGE forum, but I blame the others for getting me to order a griddle ;) so I am posting one more before I get back to the Egg.

We went with Orange Chicken tonight (from Blackstone website). Food was really good, but forgot that I still needed to level the legs as it was slanted away from the grease drain and when I poured the orange sauce on the chicken I had a bit of a mess on my hands with run over! Anyway, it's been fun to start...breakfast for dinner on Sunday, cheesesteak last night and this tonight.

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll take a plate of that.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Man, looks good!
    LBGE
    AL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I was expecting a Trump Joke
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Keep on posting your griddle cooks! Always looking for ideas. It looks fantastic!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great!  How do you like the camp chef griddle so far?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    That plate looks lovely. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• tdub4
    tdub4 Posts: 124
    Options
    Looks great!  How do you like the camp chef griddle so far?  
    So far so good. I can't compare it to Blackstone since I have not owned one of those before, however I have read other BS owners speak to some of the pros and cons of each and chose the CC based on that research. Price was only slightly higher but included the cover ($299 with free shipping). 

It is quick to get up to temperature and cooks go quick which is really nice. Unlike a grill, there is a cleanup/seasoning time period after the cook/eating that does need to be taken care of (vs. just closing the lid on the grill/BGE  :)).

While I could have cooked this on the griddle of the BGE or possibly inside, the real estate of the griddle makes it very nice and convenient to cook multiple things at the same time and I dont have the smell in the house.

I give it two thumbs up!
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    @tdub4
    Where did you find it for $300 with a cover? 
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • tdub4
    tdub4 Posts: 124
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    @tdub4
    Where did you find it for $300 with a cover? 
    Outdoorcooking.com. I just checked, still at $299 but no cover now. This was at beginning of last week, so looks like it was a special deal. Maybe it will come back around.