Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everbody Egging today?

BGE Pit Crew
BGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi to all![p]I'm getting my 6.5lb beef tenderloin ready for the "Drunk & Dirty" from Smoke & Spice. We'll have garlic roasted potatoes and King Crab legs on the side along with Sheri's special salad (lots of garlic!). Have a great Sunday![p]Keep smokin, Dana

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Going to fire up the egg in a couple hours for ribs.[p]Mike

• BGE Pit Crew,[p]I've got a 4 lb brisket flat and a rack of st. louis style spares smoking now.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    BGE Pit Crew, Swamp Venom dusted chikkie wings, black cherry smoked, finished off with a mixture of Blue's Hog and Tenessee Red for the sheen and messiness.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    BGE Pit Crew,[p]Smoking a 5 lb brisket flat (DP "Raining the Steak" rub) with oak wine barrel chucks. Temp now at 149 and smellin' goooooood!![p]Smokey
  • BGE Pit Crew,[p]That's amazing. I just got back from my favorite market which is celebrating it's 75th anniversary. They had tenderloins and Alaskan King Crab Legs both on sale for $5.99/lb. So, that's what I'm cooking too![p]Cheers!
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Dana - I'm not sure what we will be cooking today. We're going out on the boat for the afternoon, so hopefully some fresh bbq'd salmon for dinner!
  • smoking 2 racks of baby backs, s/b ready about 5:30 tx time.

• Decided to load up the egg so I got a 8.5 pound whole brisket and a 5 lb butt sharing the egg's space. I used Willingham's Wham rub on the brisket and Bad Byron's Butt Rub on the butt. This is the first time that I have used either so I'm anxious to see how the rests will be. Also smokin with pecan which is a first as well. Probably too many "first" to determine which works well or not but we will see how it all turns out.[p]Rich in Clarendon Hills, IL
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Rack of lamb with Raging River rub.
    Larry

• BGE Pit Crew,
    Put an 8 lb pork butt on yesterday at 5 PM. All was well at midnight (230ish dome) but awoke at 5 AM to find the thermo at 150 (I'm guruless). Restoked the egg and added 2 3 lb chuck roasts. It's now 1:30 and I'm at 172 in the butt and 155 in the beef. I'm hoping to be pulling both pork and cow by 6 PM, aiming for 200ish internal on both. I'm still kinda green (like my egg) so if anyone has any tips to help me get a (quality) meal on the table by 6 PM I'd be grateful! Looks like my next purchase will be a Guru!

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Spatchcocked chicken with a honey mustard marinade, steak kabobs with coffee rub, grilled peaches, grilled pineapple, and a side of green beans. Add a spinach salad and a nice Belgiam beer (Gouden Carolus - Triple)

• Anestheggthiologist,
    If it were me I'd remove the pork butt at 192 degrees, wrap in foil and towels and place in a warm cooler until the roasts are done.

• BGE Pit Crew,
    Just doing some chicken thighs and corn tonight.[p]Did a 5lb organic brisket yesterday though. Indirect at 250 for 10 hours with the last one wrapped in foil. Best one yet. My daughter then bumped the temp up to 350 and baked brownies for dessert. [p]It's been a good weekend for egging.[p]Paul

• Hasenpheffer,
    Thanks, that's likely what I'll try. I'm in that plateau "black hole" as the butt is now down to 168 and the roasts are at 149. Fortunately I have lots of beer and patient guests. We'll eat when we eat! Besides, Tiger doesn't tee off for another 45 min. I'm not going anywhere.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Just took three big spare ribs out of the foil stage. Neighbor asked "What ya cookin today Clay?...smells like ribs all the way over here." I says, "Yeah, ribs, good guess." Neighbor says, "I can tell easy enough, you grill so often." he he

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Here are some pictures of the work in progress and the finished product. Some of you will note that I switched beers - or better yet, this is number two....[p]A work in progress
    ChickenPeachesBeefKabobs.jpg[p]Finished product
    Readytoeat.jpg

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Put an injected and rubed 9# picnic on at 11 last night. Took it off at 3:15 this afternoon. Robin is baking some of her homehade buns with cottage cheese mixed in with the dough. When I'm done with this post I've got make the coleslaw. See ya.[p]Cheers, Glenn

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    BGE Pit Crew,[p]Tri-Tip (3.5- - 4lbs). Marinated in EVOO, garlic and DP Raising the Steaks. Added JD chips for smoke. Basted with EVOO mixed 50/50 with Red Wine Vinegar. Cooked at a 275 - 300 dome temp until internal reached 170+. Still a little pink inside and very juicy and tender. Side order of pinquinto beans and a nice fresh salsa. Very good, but next time I will use a lot more garlic and RTS.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    BGE Pit Crew,[p]Brisket is in the cooler (we ate the burt endz, Mmmmmmm). Now the Turkey breast is on. Both of these are for a friend's party next week. Will freeze them for next week>[p]Smokey
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    BGE Pit Crew,[p]
    We're going for some Raisin' the Steaks rubbed steak, Raging River dusted potatos and stuffed onions... if the onions turn out good I'll post the pics and recipes![p]-mojopin

• pal
    pal Posts: 19
    BGE Pit Crew,[p]DR. BBQ's meatloaf. And tomorrow DR. BBQ's meatloaf sandwiches.