Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Fish Tacos

SWMBO picked up some mahi mahi fillets at Trader Joe's the other day. Thought I would try my hand at tacos. I started with a Bobby Flat recipe for the marinade, but didn't have ancho chili powder so I called up the regular old hot chili powder out of the bullpen. Wisked it together with lime juice, oil and a diced jalepeno. 

Put it it on the LBGE direct at about 400 until it flaked easily. 7 minutes for the thin tail section and twice that for the thicker piece. 

Meanwhile, I made a little avocado lime sour cream. This some jalapeño coleslaw from a local sandwich shop and tomatos rounded out the toppings. 

Overall they were good. Nice and light. Fast to cook. Put three down easy with a cold Dos Equis. Would have liked more heat. In the future maybe use a serrano in marinade. Thanks for reading. 

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

Comments