Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip

Options
I love buffalo chicken dip - but wanted to spin the traditional recipe a bit more for my liking - made this over the weekend and it was a huge hit for the game. 

Ingredients:
- 8oz Smoked Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/8 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/8 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/8 Cup Bleu Cheese Crumbs (plus more for garnish)
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken (chicken thighs)

Day Before the Game

Chicken Thighs:
Rubbed (3) with Hardcore Carnivore Red and (3) with Mis Rubbins White Magic - grilled direct on the mini max at about 400 until done. Removed from egg, allowed to cool before being pulled and chilled overnight in the fridge. 

Cold Smoking Cream Cheese:
I did mine the day before the big game - used the small egg and the Amazen Pellet smoker tray. 
I removed the Kickash Basket and set the Amazen tray in the bottom of the egg and loaded it with Cherry wood pellets (only loaded up 1 leg of the tray)
After lighting the tray, I went inside and unwrapped the cream cheese and then stuck it in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden up a bit.
After that, it went onto the egg (on a grill mat) for an hour.
Pulled it from the egg, wrapped it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge for the next day.

Day of Game:
Remove cream cheese from fridge at least 2 hours before making the dip to soften up - Then mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate again until you are ready to bake it. (I did mine early in the morning and put on the egg just as guests arrived). Bake on the egg indirect at 350 until nice and bubbly. Top with more bleu cheese crumbles and enjoy!

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker

Comments

• PirateBill
    Options

Great Googly Moogly that looks amazing, might need to get an egg to try this out!  

Bookmarking this!

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks outstanding!  I like your edits to the recipe. I am a big fan of the combination of ranch plus blue cheese crumbles. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    cold smoke cream cheese . . . very cool.  
    Those blue cheese crumbles are the size of my head!
    Nice post & cook - thanks for all the details ! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Whoa...
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • lahlooha
    Options
    Nice, saw this on Instagram ;)
    BGE XL
    36" Blackstone