Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

timing suggestions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning all! We have a snowy day-finally- in Memphis..I have my first Egg scheduling dilemma--I have a 7 pound pork butt that's been brining for 4 days...and I have some turkey legs I want to smoke for dinner tonight and the pork to have tomorrow dinner...any suggestions (other than buy another egg) on timing both? I figured the turkey legs will need a hotter temp than the pork butt, and the pork will take all night at 200, right??? (I also have a whole bunch of wings to do for Sunday...GO TITANS!!!!!) HELP! Thanks! Elizabeth

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    nE,[p]Do the Butt at 250 and figure 20-22 hrs to finish. Your going to be out of lump by then so load up and do the turkey next. [p]Tim
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Elizabeth,[p]Go a head and cook your Turkey legs for tonight and enjoy them for dinner. When finished cooking them smother the fire and reload the egg good and full with fresh lump so you can put the butt on for tomorrow, I would count on around 20 hours cooking time for it. The wings for Sunday should not be a problem as you will do them that day and they don't take long at all.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Tim M, that looks good...and I think Mother Nature is gonna whip both teams..Hard to play football when ya cannot see the yardlines...unless they do it under the big dome. No airlines flying?? In case they do..Go Rams..heeeee.
    Sorry Elizebeth..but there is a Iowa boy in there!! Name is Kurt Warner. Nice kid. Good attitude, radar eye and torpedo arm. Excellent in a snowstorm. :-)

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    They will be playing in the Georgia dome,i like Kurt to,i think next year he will be able to afford a egg or two his self.We are getting ready for more bad weather here tonight,all crews are on standby.
    YB

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    YB, yer a good man...:-) I will dring a Guiness in your honor during the game..I wonder what the Vegas Odds are now..!!
    C~W[p]