Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Either way! Try both and see what you like. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I prefer fat side down. Feel like the fat helps protect from the hottest temps. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    I did a brisket today. I have only done a few but have always had the fat side down. They have all turned out well.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I also go fat side down as an additional heat barrier as mentioned above by @GATraveller. And if anything sticks to the grate its not the protein.  Regardless, have fun with the cook (the most fun cook on any cooking machine) and enjoy the results.
    Edit:  Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Thanks @bgebrent for the alertment.  Reading for comprehension on a late Sat PM is not my strong suit.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome aboard!  Matter of preference.  And that to me doesn't matter.  Fat side down is my method FWIW.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Down, but either way, it yields awesomeness.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky