Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clarity on shrimp stuffed chicken recipe. . .

Hog Euker
Hog Euker Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking about cooking the shrimp stuffed chicken found in the eggfest 99 recipe and after going over the recipe, I am bit confused. The recipe shows a list of bulleted items then stuffing (next to a bullet), then it list more bulleted items. My question is do I mix the ingredients below the word stuffing with a stove top stuffing type mix or are the items listed below the word stuffing the stuffing w/o instant stuffing added in?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Hog Euker, at risk of contradicting what YB (who posted the recipe) will say later, I think there is a superfluous bullet next to the word "Stuffing". I think the stuffing is a mixture of the shrimp, cheese and mayonnaise only. I could be wrong but it sounds pretty good just like that. [p]Or you could be adventurous and try it both ways and let us know which is better.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Hog Euker,[p]Wise One is correct,the stuffing is shrimp,swiss cheese,green onions,mayonnaise and dill weed,hope you like it .[p]Larry
  • YB, Getting answers direct from the "horses mouth" is just another example why this board has to rank up there as one of the best on the internet. Thanks
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    030s.jpg
    <p />Hog Euker,[p]This is a picture of the shrimp stuffed chicken breast being cooked at eggtoberfest 99.[p]Larry
  • YB, One last item of clarification. The directions say to place chicken on "greased" cooking pan. Will Pam or some other non-stick cooking spray serve the same purpose? Or, is using cooking grease beneficial for adding flavor?
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Hog Euker,[p]No flavor purpose here, just non stick. Pam, butter, olive oil, etc. will serve the purpose. Cooking grease will also do.[p]Spin

• Shrimp Stuffed Chicken turned out spectacular. We are going to invite some new neighbors to our house if a few weeks and I think we will serve this dish. Thanks for all the help.