Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone question

Options
has anyone replaced their gasser with a Blackstone? Can you do everything on a Blackstone that you can do on a gasser?

I don't have room for all three so I'm wondering if I can replace the gasser with a Blackstone.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
MiniMax 04/17
Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@SaintJohnsEgger  Your egg should be able to do anything the gasser can do.  The blackstone adds something completely different.  It does a lot to round out your oudoor cooking abilities.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2098992#Comment_2098992

Phoenix 
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    I would say an egg and blackstone wouldcover it all. If I had to choose between a gasser and blackstone . Blackstone hands down
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    @blasting is right.  Blackstone is a different animal than a gasser.  Its a one-trick pony, but oh boy does it do that trick well.

I sold my gasser, and will always have a griddle like the blackstone in my stable.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    the only thing i use the gasser for now is large quantities of grilled corn. i can load up 3 dozen ears in the husk in the weber.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I got rid of my gasser about 3 years ago and the only thing that frustrated me was when I needed a quick cook like chicken breasts on a Tuesday when I got home late. 

The Blackstone has covered almost everything I would need for something like that. It's not a Gerber multi tool but it gets enough of the job done that I don't try and justify needing a gas grill. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @blasting is right.  Blackstone is a different animal than a gasser.  Its a one-trick pony, but oh boy does it do that trick well.

I sold my gasser, and will always have a griddle like the blackstone in my stable.
    It's a two-trick pony.  You can get the gasser top for around $70 and switch between it and the griddle.
    Options

It's a two-trick pony.  You can get the gasser top for around $70 and switch between it and the griddle.
    Too bad they don't make that for the 28" model.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:

Well...damn. Didn't see that on the Blackstone site just the 36"-er.

Now I'm going to have to swing by Walmart and get a 28"-er and that grill top.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk