Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How Did You Do In Fantasy Football This Year?

Options
I had a few highs and MANY lows.  The injury bug bit me real bad.  By the end of the season, I was shopping for a free agent running back for my starting line-up.  6th place for me in a 10 team league.  Order has been restored in my house.  My daughter, who also got ravaged by the injury bug, took 8th place.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I missed not running any leagues this year.. :/ did the BGE league ever get going?

i DID get reactivated in another league.. Auto drafted. Ended up today in second place, beaten by the guy who just slaughtered everyone all season. Not embarrassed at all!

doug Martin can suck it. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I missed not running any leagues this year.. :/ did the BGE league ever get going?
    I don't know.  This is the only league I'm in.  It's kinda funny to be in a league with my daughter.  I offer a trade to her as she is looking at me as if I'm trying to steal her college money.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I play with family in a league. I was 1st place for 6 weeks, then went on a losing streak and dropped to 5th, out of the playoffs and finished 7th out of 8. At least I get an early draft pick next year.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sorry you missed out on the Shiva trophy again this year Fred!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I had the best overall draft and was projected to go 14-2 during the season. I fought off last place all year with injuries and players under performing. I was fortunate to come in 9th place. 10th place buys the first round of drinks at next year's draft. So I saved myself an additional $50+ in drinks at next years draft with 9th.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in a dynasty league and really needed a good starting running back going in to the draft last September.   I traded my first round pick for Ameer Abdullah, Detroit Lions starter.  He got injured in week 1 or 2 and went on IR.  A harbinger of things to come.

My main QB is Russell Wilson and his fantasy value was streaky, but mainly sucked this year.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Won both of my traditional leagues, making some pretty good cash.  Went into yesterdays games in my pick-em league tied for first place.  Ended up losing $1845 on an f'ing tiebreaker.  Ugh  would  have rather been in last place. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I lost interest after about week 2.  So the usual.
    NOLA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Won the regular season in my league, went 10-3.  Was up by 49 points going into yesterday games.  Outside of Brady, none of my players played.  Week 17 of the NFL when the playoffs are pretty much decided for every team is a joke.  Ended losing by 12 points.  Phoenix D versus the Rams put up close to 30.  I don't think LA wants the Rams anymore.  Not after this season.
    I did win the other league I was in.  But wanted the bragging rights that came with the one I ended up losing in.  Pretty aggravating the way the NFL season ended.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Second place in a 12 man league.  I was winning all season and lost by 2 points in the championship game.  Jeremy Hill ruined my life by getting me .8 points. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Lost in the Semi's Damn Vikings defense got me -4 points.... Fins defense on bench 21 points... Lost by 15.... Ouch
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Not bad.  Finished 2nd, which is worth $200.  Wanted to win it this year.  Would have been back-to-back, which has never been done.  Actually I broke the curse of making the playoffs after being the champion.  Dang I wanted that $1000!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • znagle28
    znagle28 Posts: 33
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had the #1 pick in a 12 man PPR league after having the most points scored against me total last year (unluckiest). Took Antonio Brown #1. Started off 5-1, then was shortly 6-5. Last game of the season I was against my buddy and winner earned first round bye. I won, then won the second round of the playoffs and met my buddy in the final.

I was down 25 with Antonio Brown and Justin Tucker left and he had Demaryius Thomas left to play too. Ended up being up 15 before D Thomas played. I was projected to lose by 1 point, but Thomas only got like 4 points. Season ended last week and not this week as most stars don't play if their team is clinched.

Antonio Brown Lives Matter took first place (and $600)  :)
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Lol I just checked and I took second in our league with a 8-5 record. Ouch!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

I had a stellar regular season in both of my leagues and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs in both. 

oh well....

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA