Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ANOTHER SRF Brisket. Pic Heavy

Options
2»

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options

Outstanding job on the  brisket !

question for you about your grill card is that a challenger? I was thinking about getting it totch 76 and whited to here from anybody that had one.  

Yep. It's a challenger.  I love it.  What do you want to know about it

Living in Canada there is no dealers here and i'd love to know what you think of the construction of it and what you think of the quality of it? 

The quality is great. I will always own one. If for some reason I get a 2nd large I would buy a new table to fit both. Living where I do it gets really hot and really cold, so I want a well built table. Also gives me way more piece of mind if my egg ever broke during a cook vs having a wood table. 
    Thank you so much for letting me know.. looking like that order will be placed tomorrow AM!

Nice! Post some pictures when you do. You will love it. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Fantastic job @bhedges1987 ! I have one ready to go on tonight for the games tomorrow. Having never cooked one yet, wondering what temp and time you hit the finished line on this? Mine started at just over 14 lbs pre-trim and is likely about 12.5 lbs now.

Oh and congrats on the new Mini!
    Thanks! All my briskets run almost 1 hour per pound. A little over normally. Not including the rest after I pull it off. @minniemoh
      What temp are you running to get an hour per pound cook time on an SRF?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    minniemoh said:
    Fantastic job @bhedges1987 ! I have one ready to go on tonight for the games tomorrow. Having never cooked one yet, wondering what temp and time you hit the finished line on this? Mine started at just over 14 lbs pre-trim and is likely about 12.5 lbs now.

Oh and congrats on the new Mini!
    Thanks! All my briskets run almost 1 hour per pound. A little over normally. Not including the rest after I pull it off. @minniemoh
      What temp are you running to get an hour per pound cook time on an SRF?
    I go 250-275

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That looks amazing- how long did you put the burnt ends back on for?
    Greensboro, NC
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    That looks amazing- how long did you put the burnt ends back on for?
    I haven't yet. That's tomorrow. I will rub them on all sides and put in a pan with a tiny bit of broth for 2-3 hours. Thanks

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    That thing looks like the meteorite from the movie Joe Dirt!!! Fantastic cook!
  • Paul B.
    Paul B. Posts: 57
    Options
    Looks awesome!!!

If you don't mind sharing your thoughts...  I have cooked 4 or 5 mediocre briskets - thought I had the process down for the most part but they were mehhh not horrible.  Tried black angus the last time around and was not that happy with it.  Seemed that the cook went well.  How much of a difference do you find using the SRF brisket, versus prime, or choice???  I know it can be random but over all how big a difference do you see??  Splurging on the SRF and me being the problem would suck :>)))