Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen Plans

We are doing some work on the house and I am trying to get a new patio/outdoor area included in the deal. I am really just looking to have a brick area built to house my Large and Small Eggs, a fridge, and a drawer for accessories.  To get a bid, I need some sort of plan.  Is there a site out there that anyone has used to assist in this? 

Also, the Eggs won't be fully enclosed but I was wondering if I need any part of the back of the Egg open for airflow.  I have seen several built ins without an open back and was curious if it really mattered much.

Thanks for any info or help.  

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I haven't used it personally but this is popular:

http://www.sketchup.com/

I would think as long as you have some airflow in the front it would be fine if the back was enclosed.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• mojo
    mojo Posts: 220

I had a kick ass setup in my previous home and the egg was fully enclosed except for the front.  I got plenty of air flow and was able to sear steaks and make pizzas quite easily.  No need to have the back open.

For an outdoor kitchen don't forget a drawer for paper towels and another large 'drawer' for a trash can.  These are essential and many people forget them.

• mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Almost forgot ... you'll want a sturdy bottle opener affixed to the structure as well.  Cheers!