Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Women are crazy

Options
13»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,040
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Btw, thanks for the hot/crazy matrix.  Wish I had seen that a few decades ago.  I clearly married in the danger zone :confounded:
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I'm amazed this went so long without comments from the ladies. For what it's worth, I'm the one that's crazy, definitely not the Mrs. 
    We've been married 20 years this year and I was gonna get her a central vac for our anniversary but this Roomba thing is interesting. I got her a lawnmower for Mother's Day a few years ago. I'm very practical when it comes to presents :)
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    gmac said:
    I'm amazed this went so long without comments from the ladies. For what it's worth, I'm the one that's crazy, definitely not the Mrs. 
    We've been married 20 years this year and I was gonna get her a central vac for our anniversary but this Roomba thing is interesting. I got her a lawnmower for Mother's Day a few years ago. I'm very practical when it comes to presents :)
    From my experience, if she is particular about vacuuming, have her check out the central vac before investing in it. Our house had one and my wife didn't like having to lug the hoses around and said that the suction wasn't as good as her Oreck. She prefers the Roomba for maintenance vacuuming but uses the Oreck when she vacuums up a mess.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    From my experience, if she is particular about vacuuming, have her check out the central vac before investing in it. Our house had one and my wife didn't like having to lug the hoses around and said that the suction wasn't as good as her Oreck. She prefers the Roomba for maintenance vacuuming but uses the Oreck when she vacuums up a mess.
    We had central at our last house that she liked it. We are not overly fastidious people. Vacuum more likely when someone is coming by. Neither of us are what you would call "neat freaks".  Should be but just aren't. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I live with a neat freak so I'm pretty much a neat freak, unless you go in my shop...
    I love how this thread is all over the place, topic-wise. :lol:

My husband and I don't buy each other gifts (Christmas, birthday, anniversary, etc).  My call, not his... although he wasn't upset about it. ;)   

CanadianAnvil... that was a very thoughtful gift.  It just sounds like a little bit of miscommunication. 

PS: not all women care whether or not they get a better/different gift than someone else.  

PPS:  now I want a Roomba. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    My wife buys the gifts for the extended family, which I appreciate immensely. That means I only have to worry about shopping for her, so I get to focus on spoiling her a little more. That also takes care of the gift duplication dilemma.  

In all seriousness, that was really nice of you to make such heartfelt gifts for your wife and her mom and sister. Homemade gifts like that mean so much more in my opinion.  And it's awesome of you to be so thoughtful and giving to the in laws. Hopefully she will cut you a break.  ;) Maybe she will call it even if you made her a romantic NYE dinner and served it on her fancy new board. Also, gift cards to the day spa never disappoint.  =)
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I hear ya @evie1370. Hubby knows I have about a 30 minute window at Wally World before it's time to leave. Also, luckily, I am retired, so rush hour doesn't figure into my day anymore. It's much better that way for all concerned.  =)
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Women are actually quite sophisticated and very intelligent!  True story.....middle of last year my wife made a comment to me that she wanted a new broom for Christmas for the storage room since the old broom had taken a bad shape.  Little did she know that like the good husband that I am, I was listening.  Fast forward a few months, Christmas rolls around, and I buy her a brand  new 2016 model equipped with a mount for the wall.  Needless to say, she smiled and said thank you.  Never again can she say that I don't listen to her.  :)  May I be one of the last to wish ya'll Merry Christmas and one of the first to wish you a Happy New Year. 

Geaux Tigers!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Dredger said:
    I hear ya @evie1370. Hubby knows I have about a 30 minute window at Wally World before it's time to leave. Also, luckily, I am retired, so rush hour doesn't figure into my day anymore. It's much better that way for all concerned.  =)
    So, you literally walk into the store to stand in line at one of the 2 of 768 checkouts that are open and then leave?  ;)
  • Dredger
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, actually our Wally World has lots of checkouts open most of the time. Go figure. I still can't stand the place. I agree @The Cen-Tex Smoker. I pretty much feel the same way about shopping malls in general. Just give me Amazon prime anytime.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Dredger said:
    I have a 0 minute time window at Wally World. Place makes me crazy. Can't do it. 
    I occasionally drive through the lot if I'm in the area. It's like one of those drive through zoos! Hey kids look at that! Now, you don't see that every day. If you get there by say 2PM, you can still get a good look at everyone's PJs, as they can't be bothered to get their ass up and shower or just throw on some real clothes. 

Ok I'd better quit. I could go another hour or so. 
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    For the few who have not heard of it you might want to give this a look.
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The Roomba is Legit. We've had one for 10 years. They are worth every penny. Ours runs every night while we sleep. 

I got the Roomba vacuum with a dock that empties it and the I robot wet mopping one. Both are great.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    One year I got my wife a vacuum because she had been complaing about hers being to heavy.

I still catch **** over that.  She informed me if it needs a cord its not a present.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    One year I got my wife a vacuum because she had been complaing about hers being to heavy.

I still catch **** over that.  She informed me if it needs a cord its not a present.
    Batteries OK?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options

Many women would disagree.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2016
    Options
     Angela said:
    gmac said:
    I don't know, I got her a coupla new garbage cans and the I Robot. She seemed happy enough.
    But what did you get her mother?  That seems to be the problem here. Mine got boots and a curling iron but she seems most happy with the bottle of Bailey and Fireball that I picked up for the kids to give her. 

Dude, we have three dogs and she has to vacuum every day. She was ecstatic. Sensitive guy right here.
    2 dogs and bunch of cats, I wish my husband would have given me the irobot LOL
    Bless you! I was coming off as inconsiderate there. I didn't mention she has a herniated disc. She got jewelry too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't remember whether it was our first married Christmas, her first birthday after we were married or, heaven forbid, our first anniversary, but I bought my wife a rolling pin for one of those occasions!! I did give her other, more appropriate gifts as well, but that's the one I heard about for years. Hey, it was a nice rolling pin, ball bearings too! :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Many women would disagree.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Getting back to the Roomba... what's the verdict on thicker carpet?  We've got frieze carpet and I wonder if it'll get stuck. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Getting back to the Roomba... what's the verdict on thicker carpet?  We've got frieze carpet and I wonder if it'll get stuck. 
    Thick carpet?  My guess is you should keep the roomba away from any "carpeted" area.  Especially 70s style carpet.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dredger said:
    I see that not many females have responded here, so I'll chime in. @CanadianAnvil, never ever, ever give your wife the same gift that you gave someone else. Give it to here first at a different time and then ask if she thinks the other potential recipients would like to have one for Christmas. That clears you of any blow back and makes her feel that she contributed to the decision. Just sayin. It's a female thing. Don't know why. That being said, I fully admit that I am crazy, but that's just part of my charm. The problem with that is that I am female and armed.  Just ask my husband.

I also have the Roomba that vacuums and the Scuba that mops and you would have to pry them from my cold dead hands. Hubby insisted we get them after my appendectomy and I couldn't run a vacuum for weeks. BTW, my Roomba has a feature where it won't get tangled up on cords. Would have to check the model that I have, but it works great. The Scuba mops and then comes back and "squeegies" the excess water from the floor. Sweet.

Not a woman myself....but posting this just for you @Dredger

https://youtu.be/VT7vjbJcQJE
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dredger
    Options
    Why, thank you @northGAcock. I'm not sure if women are smarter than men, but I was just lucky enough to find my soul mate and we agree on most everything. That being said, I am pretty smart. Just ask me. =)  
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC