Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sort of a Calzone / Galette

sjm1027
sjm1027 Posts: 154
Ok for tonight, just baked a Galette or Calzone. Prosciutto, Turkey breast meat, Red Pepper, mozzarella cheese and Onion Galette. Baked at 300 for 40 minutes. Let it cool then served. I noticed when cooking it I had a lot of water that dripped out the top. any way to absorb the water? Anyone else have that problem?
Actually because I let it cool first it wasn't a problem but did worry a little.   :)

XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks good.  Was the water dripping from the daisy wheel/top of the egg or from moist ingredients?
    No, no moisture issues I could see. Just in the center of the calzone puddled up and was boiling. I punched a small hole in the bottom so the juices would run out. Actually came out fine.
    If there was moisture at the daisy wheel what would that mean?
    XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer