Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Changing Up

Why1504
Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many of us get into habits in our cooking? Always doing things the same way, using the same seasonings? Only modifying when dietary considerations dictate? I try to alter every 4th recipe, but I still find myself cooking Steaks and burgers the same old way. And my Bourbon Maple Salmon recipe has not changed in years. That said I do try new recipes quite often. I am going to work dilligantly to chnge recipes more often.

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Why1504,[p]I like to take old recipes or recipes that just didn't float my boat...[p]Then I alter them to my liking...[p]That way I am always doing something a little different. [p]But I jot down everything I do that way I won't forget the good and the bad. [p]For example my brisket I did ..I used papaya juice ..sometimes the smallest change can make a big difference. [p]Like burgers..sometimes I add ground bacon...sometimes ham.. I have added vegi's ..fruit...lemon rind...orange rind..[p]The other day I cooked burgers..and I added fresh basil. Dryed jalapeno peppers and a dab of Kahlua..[p]The neighbors just couldn't stop talking about those burgers..[p]I also do the same with rubs..I will buy some and add stuff..
  • Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    icemncmth,[p]That's very cool. I just finished making pizza dough. I am going to try some new toppings tonight. BTW I just made a Mojito, using the Alton Brown Mint Julip approach. Best Mojito I have ever made.