Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili

Options
After nailing the last 3-4 briskets, I was humbled this weekend. So I decided to make chili out of it. I have my own recipe, that I came up with years ago through trial and error. My brother was a willing guinea pig who gave good feedback, and I came up with a nice recipe that people really like. I have made a ton of this over the years, made it by the roaster pan full, and very seldom have any leftovers. Won a couple of small office contests as well. 

It has a little heat, but more of flavorful heat than some of the chilis I have had. It is an easy recipe with few fancy ingredients. I always make it a day ahead of time to let the flavors come out and meld together.

Thanks for looking!

One full recipe makes for a full crockpot

46oz Tomato Juice 
2 cans 14oz stewed tomatoes
2 cans Chili Magic Beans "Texas"
2 Tbl Worcestire Sauce
1 Tbl Chili Powder
3 Tbl Tobasco Sauce
1 Onion 
2 Pepper (usually 1 red and 1 green)
2lbs Burger/brisket

I usually brown the burger with the onions and peppers.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Looks awesome! @Cashfan I just finished up my last bowl of turkey chili I made with Thanksgiving leftovers. Definitely no brisket replacement but had to do something with the spare turkey. Your chili sounds great!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Looks awesome! @Cashfan I just finished up my last bowl of turkey chili I made with Thanksgiving leftovers. Definitely no brisket replacement but had to do something with the spare turkey. Your chili sounds great!

Thanks! Turkey chili is a good way to get rid of leftovers!

I made your parmesan potato wedges couple weeks ago, they were very good!
  • Star_TrEGG
    Options
    Looks great!  I'll probably give it a try.
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    WeberWho said:

Thanks! Turkey chili is a good way to get rid of leftovers!

I made your parmesan potato wedges couple weeks ago, they were very good!
    I'm glad you liked them! @Cashfan
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Now that looks like some great chili. Not just some meat stew without beans.