Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Rib cook

Options
I haven't posted any cooks in a good while, mostly been asking for advice. Short rib  Rubbed with Holy Cow and Jack Daniels for the smoke.  This will be my first cook with Holy Cow.  More pics to follow.  Enjoy the weekend and Happy Veterans Day to those that served this beautiful country.  
Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Those are going to be great, one of my favorites done on the egg. Have a great weekend.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Looking good. Post up the finished product!
    Snellville, GA

• StillSmoken
    Options
    Overall they turned out fantastic!  Enjoyed the Holy Cow rub.  A bit salty, so next time I might lighten up the rub a bit. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks great!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Winning!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Billyeggman
    Options
    Hello thanks for posting! I will be cooking beef ribs for the first time today, and in fact it will be my first low and slow style cook. I'm planning on the 250-275 temp range for maybe 5ish hours. Sound reasonable? I'm also thinking light simple rub, black pepper, maybe montreal, or try my new azian zing
    Northeastern PA
    LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Brisket on a stick right there.  Nailed it.
    @Billyeggman -  your plan sounds solid.  Just run til the ribs pass the toothpick test-probe the meat and get no resistance= finish-line.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    Love Beef Ribs!  You nailed it.  
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mmmmmmm...have some off those in the freezer just waiting for me to cook.

Very good looking right there!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Those are a winner right there!!  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That plates pic looks delicious. Beef short ribs have become a favorite since owning my egg.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Never gets old looking at those beautiful ribs. Nice!
  • Billyeggman
    Options
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but here are mine from yesterday, my first beef ribs, and in fact my first "low and slow." I covered with some black pepper, and very light meat church honey bbq and pecan rubs. Hickory wood chips, 250ish for about 4 hours.  Good first attempt! Will definitely try these again
    Northeastern PA
    LBGE
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    @Billyeggman those look great!