Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Bologna

g8golfer
g8golfer Posts: 1,025
im from the south and want to try smoking some bologna. This will be my first time. Looking for some good tips. Temp and times and what wood to smoke it the bologna in would be great. 

Comments

• If I knew how to post a link to the recent thread I would but unfortunately I don't know how. Do a forum search for bologna and it will be the first to pop up. He made a sammy out of it and it looked awesome. Post up if you give it a shot. ps in order to search the forum you need to view from computer or iPad, or view the desktop mode. 
    Snellville, GA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited November 2016
    There was one recently too where someone got a whole Boars Head package from their deli and did it and did some fried bologna sandwiches. They looked killer and had tons of info on time and temp

edit: when my dad was going through chemo he had a weird craving for fried bologna sandwiches. I didn't smoke them (the smoke was making him nauseous.) but I sliced it at like a 5, fried with butter, then put tomatoes, lettuce, mayo and mustard, smoked Gouda cheese, and then thick sliced sourdough and tossed with butter on the outside in the skillet just to crisp up the bread. 

They were awesome. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • There was one recently too where someone got a whole Boars Head package from their deli and did it and did some fried bologna sandwiches. They looked killer and had tons of info on time and temp

edit: when my dad was going through chemo he had a weird craving for fried bologna sandwiches. I didn't smoke them (the smoke was making him nauseous.) but I sliced it at like a 5, fried with butter, then put tomatoes, lettuce, mayo and mustard, smoked Gouda cheese, and then thick sliced sourdough and tossed with butter on the outside in the skillet just to crisp up the bread. 

They were awesome. 
    This is happening very soon!
    Snellville, GA

• I usually buy my Bologna @ Food Lion . two at a time , cook some then more as needed. Freeze one. Very good eats.