Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quantity of Ribs ?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am smoking up some ribs this weekend for a neighborhood party. I plan on going to Sams and getting two packages of Spare Ribs - 6 slabs. In addition a couple neighbors plan on contributing 2 more slabs. The most I have ever done before is 3.5 slabs on my inverted V rack. Am I kidding myself and trying to do to much? [p]Any suggestions would be welcome.[p]Thanks[p]Mav

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    20racks.jpg
    <p />Maverick,
    Well, Chef Wil managed 20.....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Wish me luck! I am going for my record also! I have 15 slabs to do on two Large!?? I think I can do it without giving up to much quality. At least I hope so because I have 30 people expecting a lot from the EGG!!
  • okesmokie
    okesmokie Posts: 150
    The Naked Whiz,
    did all have bark? were they cooked tender? looks like some would be done while others not. you been doing this for a long time and i dont mean to question you and if this kind of set up works then thats good to know. there are times when i will need to cook more than a couple slabs. but i would like for you to describe the end results.
    thanks okesmokie

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    okesmokie,
    That cook was done by Chef Wil, so maybe he will post his results.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Wow, that looks like more than I want to take a shot at. I should have stated I do have the Large Egg. I am assuming this is an extreme, and that I should be able to figure out a way to get 6 slabs/12 racks of spare ribs on the Large Egg?

• Canuck
    Canuck Posts: 20
    Maverick,
    Your timing for this questions is great, I have the dilemma, and need to cook about 8 racks. I've got a large and a med, but would like to get them all on the large, indirect with a platsetter, so I can use the med for some burgers and other goodies. [p]Thanks[p]Canuck

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Maverick, I just did it two weeks ago. I used two rib racks each holding six racks. If your rib rack doesn't hold six you can always lean the extras against the ends or sides of the rack. Then I used Sandbaggers bilevel grid setup with a rib rack on each level. It worked perfectly.

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Canuck, see my post below.