Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

J Appledog & Others Spring Thoughts

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1423313&a=10654409&p=36462610&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />Hi All,[p]Being here in Chicago I thought it was time to post something that would bring back thoughts of warmer/greener times.[p]Hope you all enjoy - summer Egg pic.[p]Jethro

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Sure is a purdy picture Jethro. Not too far south of you in S. IL. We're having a big thaw over the next couple of days, expecting 47 by the weekend. Today is about 39 and the snow and ice is melting nicely. Those spring days are on the way. Thanks for the reminder. What part of Chicago, I have a sister in Lombard that I visit often.[p]Troy
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Thanks,Jethro. I had to move some SCUBA gear to get to a pair of boots this morning. Ugh; I'm sick of this! Can you come to Michigan Feb. 10th? JCA
  • Jethro
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Thanx Troy, I am up in the Evanston/Skokie (depends on who you ask) area, roughly 25 miles north-east of Lombard.[p]It would be nice to meet sometime if we could work it out.[p]Jethro
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Jethro, Thanks for greener times. We been blanketed by snow for I don't know how long. It got up to 44 today. First time above freezing for 20 some days. I know you guys up north have it a lot worse than we do in the midwest but it was a great break in the weather for us.[p]CWM
  • Jethro
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I saw the previous post regarding the event. It looks rough with the Mrs.'s Friday schedule. I am going to run it by her though and see what she thinks.[p]Be sure in any event, to post and let us all of know how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it and have some stories to tell as well.[p]Jethro
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jethro,
    Awww. didja have to do that?? Still have at least two months of this brutal-ness. At least the days are getting longer!!![p]Hey that reminds me....THE EGGFEST 2001 is gonna happen a bit before your landscape looks like that again, so ya better register, and start makin plans!! End of April aint too far.[p]Here is the link to Tim's site for those that need to get on their horse!! The mo, the betta.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • That was lame!
    Here is the link.

[ul][li]Eggfest 2001[/ul]
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    sprinter,
    Eat your heart out buddy! Da thermometer is pushin' 55 as I type! Shur is nice! :-))) 'Bout time too! The white stuff is beginning melt away! By Saturday when I can go deer hunting again, it should be gone enough that the deer won't hear me a mile away![p]Cheers![p]Dr. Chicken

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Don't forget, I work in Niles right next to Skokie. You and I need to hook up.[p]Mick

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Daffodil_03_07_00.jpg
    <p />Jethro, heat wave on the horizon. It's suppose to be in the 30s in Peoria tomorrow - the picture was taken on March 7th of last year - 2 more months?

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Jethro,[p]Your photo is beautiful but not alluring. [p]I just came back from snow shoeing in 14 inches of the nicest white fluffy snow you can imagine. Walking among green white pine and black spruce decorated in white and set on gently rolling white hills that seem to be covered with a thick white blanket. All this against a crystal clear and crisp blue sky. Temps 28 F, almost too warm for snow shoeing. 15 F would be better when the snow is crunchy and sassy. What a beautiful sound.[p]But today I have to take off the gloves, and the wool stocking cap to cool off a bit. Suddenly a snowshoe rabbit jumps and bounds away from behind a fallen log. Blue Jays screaming to signal a new found morsel, while the cardinal flit from tree to tree, feeding before the twilight disappears.[p]My thoughts, not spoken, but almost so to myself,that it doesn't get much more beautiful than this scene set before me.[p]Its time to turn back home in the last light. Trudging back my thoughts turn to of the Minnesota Vikings and Super Bowl possiblities. And then to starting the BGE and putting on a New York strip that is waiting.[p]After dinner a hot the fire lapping at the dry oak and the wind betraying a whisper in the chimney. We are glad to be in this cozy house playing scrabble while we munch on fresh buttered popcorn. Maybe a glass of good dry sherry before bed time. Hopefully God will keep us safe through the night, then to experience another day as good as today. [p]Maybe tomorrow will even be better, maybe there will be more snow, more heavenly beauty before the warm sun of Spring steals this season from us northeners all. [p]But then Spring too will bring another kind of beauty, all in its good turn. And then hopefully we will still be here to enjoy it as we do this day and this season. [p]I wish you all happy thoughts of Spring! As for me I am not looking forward to it. I am happy for today and the goodness and beauty it brings.[p]Anthony
    [p]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Anthony Up North, that was beautifully said! You're in touch with reality and your inner self...man, that's cool in my book!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    Anthony Up North,[p]Pulchritudinous! Loved that!!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Anthony Up North, Thanks for sharing! At times words escape me! This is one of em!
    C~W[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    Beatifully said my friend! Beautifully said!
    Please exuse us lower sun lovers for complaining![p]Dr. Chicken

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    Man, I agree totally with the others! That was incredible! [p]Being a big time winter camper, and also with a deep appreciation for the raw beauty of below zero temps and squeaky snow, I am actually suprised at myself for whining about the cold in an earlier post. Maybe it is the craziness of being here in the DC crowded suburbia, and the fact that we have only had 3 inches of snow this year.[p]After reading that, I want a couple feet of snow. It really slows things down...and man, does it suck up the noise. Thanks for those gorgeous words. [p]Off to daydreaming.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Anthony Up North, some artists use paint, others stone or wood or light images. All would appreciate the way you use words to create an image so beautiful and realistic that even I - alife long Southerner - can appreciate the splendor of a snowy Northern day. Thanks.

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    Hey!You just runt my day, I was sittin' back thinkin' how pretty my catfish pond looked all covered(almost) with skim ice,then you come up with that Yankee kinda description of your area.Just about makes me wish you folks hadda won the war and I'da been born up there.As my buddy Tony the tiger would say "YOUR POST WAS GGRRRRRREATE!!!!!!" Thanks Bob