Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Caesar Salad

Options
Tried grilled Caesar salad via a kit from Dole.  Rinsed the romaine heads, cut them in half, then put some olive oil on them before grilling. Took 'em off, added dressing, croutons, cheese and pepper.

I should've dried them a bit more before grilling and left them on the grill a bit longer than 2 minutes. This one barely looks grilled.  The wife and I ate the best ones before I remembered to take a pic, but they still turned out pretty good. I also tried to remove the first one via a turner, but it started to fall apart. I grabbed the other ones with my hand.

Grilled lettuce.  I feel like I've jumped the shark.

L, M - Kansas City

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Definitely need to leave the Romaine on long enough to get a bit of char.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    Way to go Fonzie
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I would eat it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I need to try this too.  Looks good
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    This is on the to do list. That just looks too good for it not to be. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California