Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribeye roast

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sprang for a boneless ribeye roast for new years. I slathered it in mustard and then added the Jamison's wild willie's number onederful rub or whatever it is, i can't remember, is in smoke and spice.[p]I put it indirect over a 325 fire until it read 135, pulled it. It was great. Fed a table full of folks, and everyone enjoyed.[p]This is an expensive piece of meat, but I highly recommend the try.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    hounddog,[p]Sounds great. I've never done a boneless ribeye roast but have done a couple of bone-in rib roasts and they are equally as good. Like you say, its a bit expensive to do for a weekly meal but definitely worth it for special occasions. You should try Doc Chickens salt crusted rib roast, its a keeper also. The recipe is in the submitted recipe section. Excellent results with the 3 times I've done this.[p]Troy