Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE where have you been all my life!

Options
TideEggHead
TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
New guy here, me and my large have been rocking out for about 5 months now, still a lot to learn! If I would have known how good pizzas are on the egg I would have switched a long time ago!! Just thought I'd start off with some pictures. Made 4 pizzas the other night and some bacon burgers last night! (first time, sorry if the pictures don't work)

Up next: fish tacos!

Looking forward to being around here for a while, I've already learned a lot from y'all!

LBGE
AL

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Looks good from here, welcome.
    Where are you located? Guessing coastal AL? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Good call, I'll update the signature! Almost spot on, I'm closer to the Montgomery area. Thanks for the welcome!
    LBGE
    AL
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    Like you, my only regret was not getting one 20 years sooner
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, and great looking pies.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    You are off to a great start. Welcome to the Egg world.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Great looking pizzas!  Welcome!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Tblack
    Tblack Posts: 55
    Options
    Looks good...Welcome!
    LBGE 
    Pike Road,Al

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Welcome! I still love my eggs even after almost 4 years! The romance will never fade. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Every time I think I want a break from making dinner, I get home, and see my egg, and my desire to face a challenge kicks in and away I go. 

I seriously never ever thought I would love cooking. I made simple sunny side eggs this morning over English muffins with some pepper and some hot sauce and I found my self tasting the food and not just eating it. The Egg, and everyone here, has seriously changed my life and created a serious new passion and hobby to go along side my golf game. 

I am definitely in the camp of wishing I had found the egg and this forum many years ago. 

Welcome to the ride.....you seriously will not regret it!!!!!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! Best part is the wife has liked everything she's tasted off the egg...except that time I turned her steak into beef jerky  :| 
    LBGE
    AL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Great looking pies right there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Welcome!!!  Enjoy!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"