Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Pro Tips?

Options
I've never been. Won tix from @The_Buffalo. Thanks man!  I'm super excited.  Any tips you guys/gals can share?  Should I bring my own beer?  I saw pics of people sitting in lawn chairs.  Do people bring chairs?? I also saw a huge line to get in. Get there early?  Or a little late and don't wait in line?  What else? 

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Comfortable shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, and stay hydrated (not necessarily all beer)   As far as the lines, they move kind of quick.   I haven't brought a chair in years past    There are plenty of tables, chairs, etc. to sit on.   Oh yeah    Don't eat breakfast :)
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    My first one this year.  I'd bring an umbrella since the hurricane is skirting by.  I'm bringing a collapsible chair that I can sling over the shoulder.  Bringing a 20 oz yeti to make drinking easy.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    Take and post pictures so all of us isolated in the desert can see what it's all about! 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    Jameson19 said:
    Take and post pictures so all of us isolated in the desert can see what it's all about! 
    I got an email from BGE today with General Admission Info and this was included.  So check Instagram (#eggtoberfest2016) on Saturday...

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Jameson19 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eggtoberfest

The closest I'll ever be.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I was there a couple years back and they work the lines efficiently. Grab your swag bag and enjoy. Most don't bring chairs and coolers but when you see those that do you might wish you did. 

We stayed for about 3 or 4 hours and had our fill and were quite full. I've done some cooks that have become favorites that were done at the Eggtoberfest so be sure to pick up recipes of your favorites. 

The best part is in addition to the food is just the site of all those Eggs and the smell of all the smoke. 

Be sure to see where Dr. BBQ and what he might be up to on the XXL egg. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Currently in a 30+ minute car line to get in the main entrance.  Brutal.