Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TriTip

This is why we think TriTip is no big deal here in SoCal
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Hey, you can keep your untrimmed Tri Tip...We can buy trimmed for $14.99 here in the Gulf Coast.lol
    But prime packer briskets can be had for $3 a pound.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Photo Egg said:
    Hey, you can keep your untrimmed Tri Tip...We can buy trimmed for $14.99 here in the Gulf Coast.lol
    But prime packer briskets can be had for $3 a pound.
    I'd take the $3 a pound prime briskets. But I can't get either $3 per pound tritips or prime briskets out here in PA...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Just rub it in (our faces)....My butcher sells in the $9 range where i live.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Not trying to rub in to anyone. Just trying to show how common they are here. Personally I'd take a rib roast any day. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    td66snrf said:
    Not trying to rub in to anyone. Just trying to show how common they are here. Personally I'd take a rib roast any day. 
    Not intended to be a shot at you personally....my apologies if came off that way.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • what store is that at maybe I will drive down from Minnesota but only if the shrimp next to it is priced the same. Tri tip is one of my favorites. That is a great price we are around 7 to 9 depending where you get it.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.