Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter use

Options
say-la-v
say-la-v Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have just purchased a large BGE with all the accessories including the plate setter. I am confused as to when you put it in with it's surface high and when you should use it low. Do you always use the grid/grill on top when it is in the higher position?[p]Whe using it with the pizza/bread stone do you use the grill and is it redundent anyway since it looks like you could use the surface of the plate setter.[p]Also can you/ may you use it when you are smoking meats?

Comments

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    say-la-v,[p]Plate Setter leggs up: This is how you use it for an indirect cook with the grill placed on the leggs. The space inbetween the flat area of the Plate Setter and the Grill is great for a drip pan.[p]Plate Setter Leggs Down: This is how you would use it in conjunction with your pizza stone. Place the Stone directly on top of the flat surface of the PS. [p]HTH

• Unknown
    Options
    Most of the time that I use the plate setter, it's with the legs pointed up. I'm typically smoking some meat over a low heat. The "bottom" gets real dark and smoky over time. So when you flip it over for pizza/bread, it's definitely not redundant to use the grill or a pizza stone. You don't want your dough picking up that soot from the plate setter.