Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night Birthday Ribeye.....

Options
Saturday was one more trip around the Sun for me so I celebrated with a Prime Ribeye. Here is what I did:

1. Go to local grocery store (H-E-B here in Texas) and purchase a Prime bonless ribeye and a Prime NY Strip for the wife.
2. Salt liberally with coarse ground sea salt. Both sides and the edges. Let the salt tenderize for an hour in the fridge.
3. Rinse off salt with room temp water. Pat dry with paper towel. 
4. Bathe in Worcestershire. Some folks say meat and fire is all they need and I respect their preference. I prefer mine with this added layer of flavor. I also drizzle on some EVOO. 
5 Get the egg roaring with lump and Oak chips. I brought it up to 650. Before I did that, I scrubbed the grates while they were nice and hot (I have a brush with water reservoir that steams up when in use)
6. Sprinkle with some Salt Lick Garlic Spice rub and place steaks on. I left the bottom open about an inch so the flames wouldn't char the meat too bad. Top was wide open. I ran these at about 550. 
7. 2 minutes and turn. 2 minutes and flip. 2 minutes and turn. I pulled the NY strip earlier because it wasn't as thick as the ribeye. I left the ribeye on a little longer because it was dang near an inch and a half thick.
8. Pull steaks. Place pats of butter with powdered garlic on top. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Eat like a King.

I know there are a lot of different ways to do this but I have found this way really matches my taste buds. :-) I ate steaks at some of the top steakhouses in Chicago last week and this one was better (in my opinion.) paired with a twice baked potato, Crab Claws, and steamed green beans with almond slivers. Can't wait until next year. lol 
Big Green Egg Owner since 2012
Fort Worth ,Texas

Comments