Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili cheese dogs and tots

nothing fancy. Very quick. Browned one pound of 80-20 on the CI with some cherry wood. Put some chili seasoning, tomatoes, cheese and onion in it.

Used SRF dogs. 

Some tots

Being on low carb, I had no bread and only a few tots. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Woah, tater coins!  Been a while since I've had those, last time I think was at a Burger King for breakfast!

beautiful dish!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    RedSkip said:
    Woah, tater coins!  Been a while since I've had those, last time I think was at a Burger King for breakfast!

beautiful dish!
    Thanks. Yeah BK breakfast is probably the last time I had them too. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Your house for "nothing fancy" anything :o
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    That may not be fancy, but it sure is good
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Being on low carb, I had no bread and only a few tots. 
    You should be whipped for this ^^^^^^^.
    I would have ate everything in the pic with a smile on my face. 
    On a seperate note, awesome looking grub my friend. Now fix another plate and quit that nibbling nonsense :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Where I come from, "a few tots" means at least a bag. Cheers to you for controlling it. I'll take two please!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Legit dude!  Looks awesome!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Not bad at all! FYI I have tried tons of low carb breads and pretty much have given up on them all, but I recently found one that is actually pretty good.  They make both hot dog buns and hamburger buns that are two net carbs each.  They taste fairly good and have a good texture, but they are very heavy on my stomach.  They will fill you up quick.  Check it out.  http://www.netrition.com/glc_bread_company_hot_dog_buns.html
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • bhedges1987
    Hub said:
    Not bad at all! FYI I have tried tons of low carb breads and pretty much have given up on them all, but I recently found one that is actually pretty good.  They make both hot dog buns and hamburger buns that are two net carbs each.  They taste fairly good and have a good texture, but they are very heavy on my stomach.  They will fill you up quick.  Check it out.  http://www.netrition.com/glc_bread_company_hot_dog_buns.html
    Awesome thanks!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    @bhedges1987 - wonderful meal, love comfort food and anything tots!  Verdict on the SRF dogs - worth it?
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • bhedges1987
    da87 said:
    @bhedges1987 - wonderful meal, love comfort food and anything tots!  Verdict on the SRF dogs - worth it?
    Not a big hot dog person so I thought they were good - But the other two people that tried them said they were the best they've had hot dog wise.  They're fairly large!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Delicious eats!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    I'll take that over fancy any day. Fine looking meal.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Now that's a meal I'd love to sit down to. Nicely done, Sir.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Very nice!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Dogs, tots and chili. Who needs bread? All that meal needs is a plate and a fork. Um, make that My plate and My fork.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky