Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The desktop no see 'em game is back again-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,347
Can see the thread titles, but when selecting a thread no joy-
BTW- when looking at the titles, the right column thread topic list repeats several times after the final thread title on page one.  Hopefully this will be sufficient distraction for the buffalo for a while.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Thanks - See I'm not the only one again!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    All back to "normal" except for the thread topic list-tried two different browsers-same appearance.  Buffalo head fake  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    It's a bumpy night on the forum. It's all @nolaegghead fault. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @HeavyG Coincidence.

As to my guess, based on looking at my browser memory cache and toying around with closing windows, erasing history/cache and observing the behavior of the served Vanilla pages:

A Russian hacker named Shmirnoff_Jaqueoff bought an egg with a stolen credit card from the dark net.  The top broke in shipping (which was exorbitantly expensive).  The mother ship couldn't find a dealer to replace said part.  SJ developed yuuuge anger so he hacked the site and changed the war file on the server to generate the forum links on the left >>>> to replicate themselves in an endless loop. 

While Tomcat (server application) identifies and stops the endless loop, the list of forum topics fills up the "sandbox" on the browser (secured memory area sequestered by client) by an exponential factor.  After a few pages, which are all cached, the memory usage of the browser gets yuuuggge (mine was like 1.5 Gig) and the browser, especially if you have SSD (no disk cache/mirror for paging), refuses to load the whole page.

Shmirnoff_Jaqueoff anticipated a quick demise to the Vanilla forum, but it turned out to be a slow user experienced death.  SJ is into the bottom 5% of a liter of vodka so he doesn't know he partially failed, but a side effect is high memory usage of the web server, which also caches the served metadata.

To fix the problem, clear your browser cache, then reopen it to make sure you start a new session.  It will buy you some time, but ultimately, Vanilla needs to fix the corrupted Russian hack.
    Options
    Forum is running on life support this AM.  Clearly @nolaegghead is on to something.