Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low-carb omelet.

Options
Made another low-carb omelet today. We don't let leftovers go to waste at our house. Here is leftover taco Tuesday filling in a large omelet. Now mind you, this was split between two people, so I did not eat all of this myself. Taco meat, shredded four-cheese blend, hotsauce and eggs, so it is low carb, but not quite low calorie. Very tasty. I have to watch carb intake due to a type 2 diabetes diagnosis, but the numbers are staying reasonable with medication and trying to eat better. I miss potato chips and my mind most.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    What's not to like about that omelet... Sounds fantastic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    Made another low-carb omelet today. We don't let leftovers go to waste at our house. Here is leftover taco Tuesday filling in a large omelet. Now mind you, this was split between two people, so I did not eat all of this myself. Taco meat, shredded four-cheese blend, hotsauce and eggs, so it is low carb, but not quite low calorie. Very tasty. I have to watch carb intake due to a type 2 diabetes diagnosis, but the numbers are staying reasonable with medication and trying to eat better. I miss potato chips and my mind most.

Yeah, I have to watch the carbs as well. I also have type 2 diabetes but it is under control. Kind of a bummer sometimes.

That looks great!

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    smokeyw said:

Yeah, I have to watch the carbs as well. I also have type 2 diabetes but it is under control. Kind of a bummer sometimes.

That looks great!

Changing my eating habits has been tough. I love a biscuit in the morning and giving up biscuits, cake, pies, etc...is difficult. Congratulations on keeping it under control.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options

What's not to like about that omelet... Sounds fantastic..
    Thank you John for the positive encouragement.