Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwing one on!

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
Got a prime brisket, going on at 225F. Smoking with pecan, rubbed with my mix.
SPOG, Chilli Powder' smoked paprika, cayenne and a bit of brown sugar. Injected with beef broth, garlic juice, onion juice, whatsthisheresauce. See what happens.....
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• YukonRon
    Options
    Did I mention I am deploying back up for this cook?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Good luck and enjoy Ron.. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the kitchen upgrade. Have a great weekend my friend..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    You will be eating good this weekend. Looking forward to the results. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Game on.  Looks like the start of a great weekend.  Evan Williams on the rocks though? Whew, you are a brave man. I had to stop drinking that after college. Maybe it was a quantity control issue. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looking good so far Ron.  Will be standing by.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Nothing like a good bourbon soup with ice croutons.

• YukonRon
    Options
    Good luck and enjoy Ron.. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the kitchen upgrade. Have a great weekend my friend..
    @johnmitchell
    Hey John! Just finished hanging the sheet rock. Found out I am not the expert I thought I was, but it is done, and done right.
    How's the landscaping?
    Here is a couple pics, still need to add a couple more layers of drywall mud and sanding, then priming. My ceiling boards should arrive today, we are doing planked ceilings.
    Got a long way to go. Hope to start the cabinet hanging next week, and build a template for the counters. It is taking shape though.
    Thank you for the kind words, looking forward to this brisket.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That brisket will be prime my brother!  Nice progress on the reno.  Looking forward to the tour.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options

Eggaroo said:
    You will be eating good this weekend. Looking forward to the results. 
    @eggaroo If all goes well, it will be gone tonight. My Beautiful Wife and I are entertaining some friends and family.
    My SIL is visiting this week, from Ghana, and we have friends that wanted to see her while she is here. Glad to have her here, and this was what she requested while back home in the States.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Game on.  Looks like the start of a great weekend.  Evan Williams on the rocks though? Whew, you are a brave man. I had to stop drinking that after college. Maybe it was a quantity control issue. 
    @Killit_and_Grillit
    Yeah, I know. We just finished the last of the super nice cabs, and I did not want to open another wine. I started rumaging through the liquor cabinet, and found the remaining Evan Williams we used for the Bourbon Slushies My Beautiful Wife and I made for the North Carolina Butt Blast, back in April.
    They were killer. EW is not so bad, actually voted bourbon of the year, this year, and has been rated very high by several publications. I will admit, I am not a bourbon guy, wine is my go to, but after some research, we chose EW, for the NC2B, and it turned out really well, I think.
    Just checked on the Brisket, 157F IT, stalled. It will be a few more hours until it hits the magic 190F IT before I can start probing last one I did, was done at 192F IT. You never know with brisket. Just bow to the cow.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Looking good so far Ron.  Will be standing by.
    @saluki2007
    Thanks, it is going to be a while, but the neighbors are waking up to some pecan smoke goodness this morning.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    K
    GrillSgt said:
    Nothing like a good bourbon soup with ice croutons.

@GrillSgt
    Just a nice tool, to get the brisket started, and end the evening. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

bgebrent said:
    That brisket will be prime my brother!  Nice progress on the reno.  Looking forward to the tour.
    Thank you for the kind words, it is nice seeing this beggining to come together. Cabinets, ceiling panels and flooring the next couple of weeks. Crunch time, brother. Hoping no more snags.
    It is just one room, we have several more to go.
    Suzy and I are looking forward to seeing you and Nicole. Should be fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Keep on trucking Ron....Looking forward to patting you on the back and admiring your work. I thought you Kentucky boys drank that stuff straight out of the bottle?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @northGAcock can't wait to see you, brother.
    Robin, there are many things I am not good at, but I am good at getting help when I know I need it. Did one of these once before, and that experience taught me much.
    It will be the work of several folks, I am mostly in the way, but learning a lot.
    It is getting there, got a ton of folks to thank.
    Nah, bottle is too big,  don't want to risk dropping it and watching it shatter. I prefer to empty it, one pour at a time, unless of course, we are making a few batches of bourbon slushies. Rockin' on dude.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    172F IT, looking pretty tasty, 10 hours in.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Walls and ceiling. Had to use plastic over the doorway into the rest of the house to minimize dust and dirt. Having to change out air filters in the hvac unit frequently.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Coming along nicely - both the brisket and the kitchen 

bourbon is a great drink to accompany late night smoking. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I am very pleased with the progress thus far. Got a long way to go, and this is just the first room we are renovating, we have so many more rooms to do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Damn that's looking good!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Coming along nicely - both the brisket and the kitchen 

bourbon is a great drink to accompany late night smoking. 
    The kitchen is looking good, the brisket aroma is awesome, the neighbors really love the cooks.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @Legume
    Thank you sir, I hope it tastes as good as it looks, IT is crawling through the stall.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Brisky and reno both looking' good! I've made a couple batches of your famous Bourbon Slushies and they are always a huge hit! Since you technically started drinking this morning, you can officially say you've been drinking all day!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • HoosierBBQ
    HoosierBBQ Posts: 111
    Options
    Is there a recipe floating around for those bourbon slushed?

Brisket is looking really good, there's going to be some good eatin' tonight for you!
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

YukonRon said:

@Killit_and_Grillit
    I started rumaging through the liquor cabinet, and found the remaining Evan Williams we used for the Bourbon Slushies
    They were killer. EW is not so bad, actually voted bourbon of the year, this year, and has been rated very high by several publications. I will admit, I am not a bourbon guy, 
    My granddad drinks Evan Williams white label. He swears by it. But I guess at the rate we "borrowed" bottles and drank them behind the barn it left me with a sour stomach. 

But if you've got to make the decision on that or popping the cork on a good bottle of wine for one glass. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    Brisky and reno both looking' good! I've made a couple batches of your famous Bourbon Slushies and they are always a huge hit! Since you technically started drinking this morning, you can officially say you've been drinking all day!
    @ncegghead

Yeah, that is exactly what I want to be known for, LOL. Although, it may appear I spend too much time with bourbon, ......um, nevermind
    BTW, the brisket was pulled at 192F IT.
    My friends and family told me they have had none better. Hope it was not BS.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Is there a recipe floating around for those bourbon slushed?

Brisket is looking really good, there's going to be some good eatin' tonight for you!
    Send me a PM, and  I will get My Beautiful Wife to give it to me share. She got it at church. It is the real deal.

Best brisket I have done. By Far.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Nicely done!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    Options

YukonRon said:

@Killit_and_Grillit
    I started rumaging through the liquor cabinet, and found the remaining Evan Williams we used for the Bourbon Slushies
    They were killer. EW is not so bad, actually voted bourbon of the year, this year, and has been rated very high by several publications. I will admit, I am not a bourbon guy, 
    My granddad drinks Evan Williams white label. He swears by it. But I guess at the rate we "borrowed" bottles and drank them behind the barn it left me with a sour stomach. 

But if you've got to make the decision on that or popping the cork on a good bottle of wine for one glass. 
    Here is the thing, closest port when you run into bad storms and rough seas. It is all good.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Nicely done!!
    Thank you sir. My Beautiful Wife told me that it turned out awesome, our guests from KC, said it was comp worthy, and would get a stupid looking trophy. 
    Hoping it was as good as she had indicated.dc

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky