Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heading for the bunker

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you don't hear from me for a few days or weeks, it's 'cause we getting our first version of what everybody else has been talking about. We're getting six inches to a foot of snw starting in 24 hours. I haven't cook on the BGE because we're still feeding off a pecan smoke turkey I did for Christmas. I may not get a cook in
until after the storm clears. I am still hoping to do a prime rib on new years. [p] We who are about to get snowed in salute you.[p]

Comments

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 59
    Options
    char buddy,
    With the winter that we have had here in Missouri, I have found the thing to do is just knock the snow of the Big Green Egg and just keep on cooking! - Ray

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    char buddy,[p]NJ is supposed to get a half foot of snow, as well. My plans include picking up some lump, some meat, and a boatload of beer. Sounds shortsighted, you say??? Well, I'll have you know I already have the other essentials on hand - I received Blues Brothers and Animal House for Christmas.[p]Cornfed
  • char buddy,[p]We are seeing a winter that we haven't seen in several years. We got a little too soft, and now we are paying the price. I got my cross country skis out and had a ball. It's great to have a real winter again. I just smoked a Christmas ham, and the daytime temp never got above 18 degrees. It is great and I am ready to brush away some more snow and try something else.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Lookin like yooz guys up in Joisy are gonna get more than a half foot!!
    Hope you enjoy those classic movies, and your spicy Q.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Us Clevelanders certainly understand your dilemma. That which cometh is truly an unnecessary freezing of water. Hang in there and remember that the BGE and a Jeep have a lot in common. Both let you laugh at the weather.[p]K~G

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Don't worry about the snow, it's not over. Was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?[p]Oh, how I love that movie.[p]Jethro