Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Browsing - Scroll Back to Top

Options
RedSkip
RedSkip Posts: 1,400
Anyone else having this issue?

Every time I click a post to read when I'm done reading and hit the back button, my phone browser scrolls back to the top to refresh the page.  When reading posts at the bottom of the mobile page, it gets really annoying having to scroll back down where I left off.

i know this is a first world issue, but still frustrating.  Anyone have a fix for this?
Large BGE - McDonald, PA

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    One thing you can do is open the post in a new tab.  On an iphone you press and hold any link for a second or 2 and you will see an option "open in new tab". When you are finished reading that post close the tab and the main feed page should be where you left off. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RedSkip
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt. Good call, didn't think of that.  Seems to only happen with Apple devices.

btw, are you a Panther fan?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    RedSkip said:

btw, are you a Panther fan?
    No, Pitt is just the first syllable of my last name.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    yeah it stinks.  some web pages are set to refresh if you use the back button on your browser.  I don't think us end users have any control over it.  I don't remember the site doing it a year ago.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RedSkip
    Options
    @blind99  Not all forums/sites do this.  I think it's Vanilla.  Even tried using a new browser, thought perhaps it was Safari, but doesn't appear to fix the issue.

I also found the issue to be within the last 4-6 months.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I think this is what I understand your issue is......

If I click my back button from here....I go to the last view of the forum list that I left from....not all the way to the top of the page.   I use Chrome on my Iphone.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• RedSkip
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @dldawes1

That's exactly the opposite for me.  I hit "back" and Safari takes me to the top of the main page.  So, I have to scroll down to get back to the list where I left off. Sure small issue, just annoying...

Other forums I don't have this issue, so it seems to be something with Vanilla and Safari.  I then tried using Dolphin (another browser) and I've had the same issue.  So, this is skewing my opinion to be the coding that Vanilla does for it's mobile sites.

When I use a Mac or Windows desktop (not iPhone or iPad), I don't have the issue.

From the web..."There are no settings to turn off the auto refresh in Safari. Normally, this issue is caused by some code of the websites you are browsing. To be more specific, it is <meta http-equiv=”refresh”>. If you are familiar with HTML, this code is used to reload web pages automatically in regular intervals. Webmasters add this code to increase their website page views count. It sounds a cheat to me. You can use FireFox instead, which has an option to stop auto refreshing."
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • RedSkip
    Options
    For those of you who care... I turned off JavaScript under Settings/Safari/Advanced.... Seems to helped so far. @blind99
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @RedSkip - does it to me when I use Safari and I find it really annoying too. In Firefox, it doesn't do it so it must be Vanilla and Safari not playing nice.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Happens on my android using the stock browser. Drives me nuts.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    Yes, I've noticed on my iPad and it's truly annoying. It must be something new they've added to bump up website count like the message above states.  I tried turning off JavaScript, like was suggested.  It solved this problem but messed up other websites.  
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL