Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pokemon Go and My Backyard...

Some neighbor kids were wandering around earlier this week with cell phones trying to catch Pokemon and trying to get in people's backyards and sneaking around by their houses.

They stopped at mine and turned around. If you are going to sneak in my backyard, the grill better be going and you better show up with a side dish or a bottle of the good stuff.

I swear this game is going to get someone hurt.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    It already has but likely not in your neighborhood.  No further comment.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    You see the video in NY? Central Park... Was ridiculous . Cars stopped people got out of the cars

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    You see the video in NY? Central Park... Was ridiculous . Cars stopped people got out of the cars

If a person blocks traffic and abandons their car to play a cartoon game... Even as an easy going  Canadian, I'd have no problem keying the hell out of their car.  

Selfishness now officially knows no bounds.

Phoenix 
  • You see the video in NY? Central Park... Was ridiculous . Cars stopped people got out of the cars

That is insane. People wouldn't get out of their car in NYC if an ambulance was on fire but a fictional character pops up on a game that nobody will care about in a year and they run like extras in the new Independence Day movie.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    blasting said:
    Even as an easy going  Canadian, I'd have no problem keying the hell out of their car.  

To make a Canadian do that takes a lot! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    blasting said:
    Even as an easy going  Canadian, I'd have no problem keying the hell out of their car.  

To make a Canadian do that takes a lot! 
    I thought Canadians rode moose?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Toxarch said:
    When I was a kid, we ran around through everyone's yard. It wasn't a big deal. If the neighbor's kid is in my yard, I wouldn't care. Some kid I don't recognize, I might go see what they are doing. Some adult that isn't in a uniform and is in my back yard, I'm coming out with the shotgun in hand, locked and cocked.
    Yeah we did too. But there was tons of land and split rail fences. We have high fences in my neighborhood. 

I caught a teenager a few months ago back there scouting my shed. I....startled him to say the least. 

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    blasting said:

If a person blocks traffic and abandons their car to play a cartoon game... Even as an easy going  Canadian, I'd have no problem keying the hell out of their car.  

Selfishness now officially knows no bounds.

Play Pokemon Go and get a Canadian mad they might key your car.

Play Pokemon Go and get a 'Merican mad, forget keying, they shoot a few rounds in your car:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/homeowner-shoots-at-teens-playing-pokmon-go-in-front-of-flagler-home/404255715
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    It's going to be great when businesses get in on this. Find a special poke-a-man @ Costco and such. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • MJG said:
    It's going to be great when businesses get in on this. Find a special poke-a-man @ Costco and such. 
    Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville have a couple floating around in there apparently and offered a percentage off entry if you show your app or whatever it is. I wasn't even mad, I was like, "well played"

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    MJG said:
    Many businesses already are doing that. 

I think that was part of Niantic's business model right from the start since they did that with their previous game Ingress.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    @theyolksonyou ... hey Jason, did you get the shirt?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    I just did this for my fundraiser next Saturday...

Free Pulled Pork Sammich to whoever finds Pokemon and provides a live screenshot of Pokemon inside our BBQ Booth at the Ghent Bicentennial Celebration !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Hey, if it gets people outside and moving, I'm all for it.  Even helps the home hermits come out of their shell.

Yet another thread, showing the age of the forum.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    Focker said:
    Hey, if it gets people outside and moving, I'm all for it.  Even helps the home hermits come out of their shell.

Yet another thread, showing the age of the forum.
    I've seen a couple of articles showing that there has been a huge spike in activity showing up on peoples fitness trackers. So yeah, that's good thing.

Also read where a bunch of folks have said that Pokemon Go has been a big help to their mental health by getting them out and socializing.

Every age group has their own particular form of "silliness" - let's not forget flagpole sitting or seeing how many people you could cram into a phone both (what's a phone booth?).

As the saying goes - the more things change the more they stay the same.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Pokemon is the least of America's worries right now...
    Pokemon for President 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    edited July 2016
    Kids are out playing Pokemon and I'm here at home paying Poke-mom!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,008
    Stories like the one below do make me wonder about this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-36825934
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    pokemon was hiding in a tree

Car that crashed into a tree

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kids are out playing Pokemon and I'm here at home paying Poke-mom!
    Hahaha. This is great. 

South of Nashville, TN