Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Baby Backs

Options
I just bought 3 packs of Baby Backs from Costco to cook for my office tomorrow.  This is the first time that I have purchased them from Costco. In all 3 packs of ribs the membrane on the bone side was already removed.  Is this a fluke or do they always come like this in the cryovac packs from Costco?  

Comments

• Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    Always on the ones I have bought
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    The membrane is always off from the 3 packs-
    Greensboro, NC
  • Buckeye79
    Buckeye79 Posts: 46
    Options
    Really? I almost bought ribs from Costco this weekend but went with the brisket instead. Guess I'll have to do a rib cook soon.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    That's a lot of membranes to remove... I wonder if they dip them in some chemical or actually to that by hand.

Nice way to make sure the ribs you buy from Costco always taste great.

I filled my large with ribs Saturday - did them indirect at 210 dry rubbed.

Lots of meat, bones fell out, added a hand full of red pepper flakes for fun.

Love holiday weekends.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    That's a lot of membranes to remove... I wonder if they dip them in some chemical or actually to that by hand.

I knew a guy that worked at a factory that made precooked ribs in sauce and they used compressed air to blow the membrane up and it made it easy to pull from the rack. 

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    The baby backs have the the membrane removed, but it is on the St Louis cryopacks
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia