Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Gasket Pizza

Options
CT Grillguy
CT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Pizza tastes like burnt Gasket!!!! Help.

Comments

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    Now the Gasket has pulled away from the shell in one area and is stuck together.[p]What a disaster.
  • Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    CT Grillguy,[p]I too am having a little trouble with pizza. Fortunately they all have tasted really good but some of them have been really ugly to look at. What temp were you cooking at? I had a problem this week where a bit of cheese got on the gasket but I did not notice it. When I opened the lid the next time the whole bottom gasket peeled off. (just replaced it today). I have not had the gasket taste in the pizza so far. I bought some pizza screens but the pizza dough wants to seep down into the screen and then the pizza is stuck to the screen. I was hoping to find a way to have multiple pies ready to go on the egg and thought the screens would be the ticket.[p]JNK
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    JNK,[p]If you're dough is seeping down into the screen, you're either building the pie too early or making the toppings too dense, or the dough is too wet. QBH (formerly Mr. Hyde) worked for years in a pizza shop. Here's his recipe...[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

[ul][li]Mr. Hyde's Pizza[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lattice%20Pie%20-%20Text%20-%20Final.wmv
    <p />JNK,[p]The best way to go if you want/need to have multiple pizzas ready to go and not use screens or parchment paper under them is with the Super Peel.[p]Just sweep 'em up and go to the stone![p]I usually have a few "seconds" around for a reduced price.[p]Gaspar
    [ul][li]super peel[/ul]
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Gaspar,[p]If you use corn meal then you shouldn't have a problem. The corn meal helps the pizza slide of the peel..but the super peel looks like a great tool. How does it hold up to the heat?[p]I did 40 pizzas a couple of weeks ago and how would the super peel hold up..?