Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kauai Eggheads

Options
Ive posted on here before asking for hints on local spots to by some good local rubs and sauces in Kauai. Well, I'm headed there n Saturday and am renewing my request for anyone else who may live there or visit there frequently. I'm looking for places to buy rubs, sauces, cookbooks etc.... Thanks all

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Kauai is my favorite of the Hawaiian Islands.  No local here and until I win the lottery it will unfortunately stay that way.  But I will be following this as I need to get back soon.  Enjoy- better to be lucky than good any day.  Safe travels.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    I totally agree @lousubcap

I've been there 3 times. I know some good restaurants but I can't say that I know any local sauces or rubs. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Royal Coachmen
    Options
    What restaurants???
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    We love the south shore. The Beach House is a great take. And Brennecke's Beach Broiler was outstanding. And you can never go wrong at Roy's. But last time we were there Roy's came in third. 

There is more money and fancier stuff on the north shore but we haven't explored it as much. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Puka dog!

Duke's in Lihue for seafood.

Bali Hai was really good, in Hanalei Bay.

Kauai Coffee Co. is a great stop to stock up for gifts.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."