Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp poppers and Ceasar salad

NonaScott
NonaScott Posts: 446
I used an assortment of Jalapeños and sweet mini salad peppers, queso fresco, and 16-20 wild Argentinian red shrimp. Served with a Caesar salad with homemade Ceasar dressing.

Ready for the egg

About 30 minutes in

Ready to eat

Cooked at 275-300 indirect for 1 hour. Would have liked the bacon a little crisper but didn't want to turn the shrimp into erasers.
Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Most excellent cook-Like you all my ABT cooks are driven by when the bacon is ready.  When going outside the normal lines (like with shrimp) I will cheat and zap the bacon for a bit before wrapping the pepper and tossing on the BGE.  However, any cook with bacon is an immediate winner.  Great result.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    lousubcap said:
    Most excellent cook-Like you all my ABT cooks are driven by when the bacon is ready.  When going outside the normal lines (like with shrimp) I will cheat and zap the bacon for a bit before wrapping the pepper and tossing on the BGE.  However, any cook with bacon is an immediate winner.  Great result.
    Yep. I thought about pre cooking the bacon. I think part of the problem was also I have no way at the present to raise higher in the dome so these were at factory grid level. I would like to tip my hat to all those that make these for eggfests. It must take days to make them in large quantities.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.