Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I get Woo for my MiniMax?

I've had my MimiMax for a couple years now, and overall I'm satisfied, but not thrilled.  Basically, I've felt the standard indirect setup with the factory plate setter restricts air/smoke flow.  I'm wondering if anyone has the Woo for the MM, and if you're happy with it.  What advantages would I get with going that route?   Thanks!
Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
Naperville, IL

Comments

• HondaHawk
    HondaHawk Posts: 98
    So far so good. I seem to do better with low and slow. 
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    I bought the woo setup 1 1/2 year ago and love it. Mostly raised direct but the pan Tom has with the combo makes a nice indirect piece

Cooked a spatchcock chicken tonight indirect
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I have the first generation MM & CGS WOO. Gives extra height for indirect, raised indirect and raised direct. Excellent product that I'd recommend to any MM owner. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Thank you both...I was hoping someone would push me to it.  I can now tell the wife that it's a must have.
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I like mine so much I asked Tom for handles just like my large PSWoo!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX