Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm a believer!

An Egg Downunder
An Egg Downunder Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought this ceramic cooking stuff was mainly hype and was a bit dubious about the eggs cult following. But I still wanted a BGE (large) because of the compact size and low fuel use and thought that if the food turned out as good as on a WSM/kettle I would be in front. [p]Now, after about half a dozen egg sessions, I admit there really is a difference..... a big difference. I have just eaten some of the most flavoursome chicken thighs I have ever tasted. I egged 14 on Friday night, the half remaining were wrapped in foil and refrigerated for 24 hours and then re-heated in the oven on Saturday night for the evening meal. The few leftovers were put back in the fridge overnight and served in sandwiches today.[p]Slightly pink, smoky , moist and tender, the chicken was perfect right to the last bite of the sandwiches.The family said it was the best I had ever achieved in 20 years of playing around with ECBs, several home-built smokers, a few kettles and using a friends WSM.[p]Thank you Kelly Keefe for your help re fire control and cooking times. Your advice was greatly appreciated as there are very, very few eggers (or even WSMers for that matter) in the land downunder where everyone is a griller.[p] [p]

Comments