Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CAMP MIX FOR RUB ON BB RIBS

Options

I've been smoking ribs on my LBGE for couple years now and have to say that using the original Camp Mix (Amazon) is by far the best rub I've ever used.  Just sprinkle Camp Mix on both sides about 45-60 minutes before putting on smoker.  I smoke them for 3 hours at 300 degrees, then put them in a disposable pan with some apple juice, covered with heavy duty foil for another hour on smoker, then remove them from pan and back on smoker for another hour.  3-1-1.  They turn out excellent every time.  I use about 4 apple chunks for the smoke.  Will never use any other rub again.   

Shiny side up, rubber side down!  PCB, FL

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I have never tried it. I will have to get some, thanks
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    @mgillia, when I looked on Amazon for camp mix, I'm not sure that it's displaying the right products. Is it a jerk mix by smokehouse products?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• mgillia
    mgillia Posts: 89
    Options

• mgillia
    Options
    Hopefully the pic displays: 

• mgillia
    Options
    You can find it at campmix.com. Ingredients include:  Garlic salt, Onion salt, Black pepper, Salt, White pepper and Celery salt.

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Amazon says it is out of stock indefinitely. I went the camp mix website and it is available at whole foods in the northeast and at all Cracker Barrel locations. Also they list retailers by state.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Ok, I have a cracker barrel locally--I gotta try it
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    mgillia said:
    You can find it at campmix.com. Ingredients include:  Garlic salt, Onion salt, Black pepper, Salt, White pepper and Celery salt.
    I'll pass. Their nutrition label says It contains 1240 mg of sodium per teaspoon!! My cardiologist will thank me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    mgillia said:
    I'll pass. Their nutrition label says It contains 1240 mg of sodium per teaspoon!! My cardiologist will thank me.
    Yes but if you work outside and sweat a lot it will prevent cramps. So there is that.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    mgillia said:
    Yes but if you work outside and sweat a lot it will prevent cramps. So there is that.
    =) Excellent!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• mgillia
    Options
    Jstroke, let me know what you think once you try it.

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Is this the Mozilla of the famous tent stakes?
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • mgillia
    Options
    Negs.  Mgillia's me handle.

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Sorry man. We used to ride beemers and knew a migilla that made the best tent stakes.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • mgillia
    Options
    No worries brother.