Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uncooked Italian Sausage Links -- cooking help

JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Should I smoke these indirect or cook direct over a raised grid? We are going to have them with onions and peppers tonight?[p]Thanks,
John

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    JM3, I always do mine direct on a raised grid. DO NOT use a fork to turn them pups. Tongs only. I do mine around 275° with some Jack Daniels chips at the start. When it starts to get little juice geysers on them, they are done, but don't stickem with a fork. Around 45 minutes to 1 hour.

• JM3,
    got a tip for cooking sausages on a grill... grab a pin and poke about 6-8 holes in it. Works like a charm. Make sure you use a pin and not a fork or knife!

• Moni-Q
    Moni-Q Posts: 22
    JM3,[p]I always cook sausage direct over a raised grill at about 300F. I have yet to poke holes in any of 'em, and I *always* use tongs for turning. Takes about 20-30 minutes per side. You'll know they're done when the skin starts splitting and clear juices run out.[p]Jack Daniels chips makes for a nice variation, but good sausage doesn't need any help, just a fork and a knife.[p][p]
    Monica

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Thanks for the quick answers and advice. Here are the results from tonights dinner. Sorry about the picture size. I couldn't get them resized.[p]On the bun
    062806013.jpg[p]Cooking Buddy
    0628060071.jpg[p]Beautiful Rainbow
    0628060111.jpg[p]Thanks,
    John

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    JM3,
    Way cool to see the results. So often someone will ask advice, and there will be 4-10 responses but the original poster won't comment again.
    Looks great! Thanks!

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Moni-Q,
    yeah Jack is better in a glass
    B))
    EW