Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ELDER WARD!!! HOOO HAAA!!

Options
Porkchop
Porkchop Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i know there's already a post to say hi to you, but i thot you might miss it all the way down there![p]thank you for teaching me:
1) to sort my lump
2) to set a good fire for low and slow
3) how pulled pork should be dressed[p]you are definitely "apt to teach", Elder Ward!

Comments

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Porkchop,
    Wow what can I say! Gee thanks. Now it is up to you to pass it forward. You guys sure know how to make an old man feel good. [p]Elder Ward

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    i do often. your "hunk" on pulled pork here at BGE forum is a "go to" link for newbies i've talked to. i've refered many to it for advice on overnite butt cooks. in the library biz, we'd call it "ready reference" material.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    ME TOO
    ME TOO
    ME TOO[p]at risk of sounding like a little kid I too want to welcome you home. I had just bought my first BGE 6 years ago when the flames on this board were starting to intensify. I know it was your decision to go in to excile and I don't blame you...but that is history and you are back!
    PS I laugh at your reference to being an old fart, but I'm older than you and I haven't even hit the dirty old man stage yet, let alone old fart!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    RRP,
    Well some of us bloom earlier than others what can I say.:)) and I thought my record was erased or at least sealed by the courts. B) You would bring that up. ;) I asked my wife if it was ok to be a dirty old man, I aint going to repeat what the fine christian woman said, lets just leave it at she want let me. If BBQ and watermellon don't make you feel like a kid again check your pulse!!!! Any who thanks.[p]EW

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    Options
    Elder Ward ,
    Haven't you been away from this forum for several years?

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Ironbaugh,
    The best mind in the business seem to think about 6 years. Me I lost count. Old Timers and all....... They have decided to issue me a temerary visa and working green card, both of which could be recalled at any moment. B))[p]EW

• egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Options
    Porkchop,[p]Elder Ward, for my very first brisket, I used your recipe and naturally had to make the beans and sauce. I had more compliments on those beans than probably any food I've ever made in my life. [p]Nice to have you here in person.[p]Ed
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 56
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    I too, want to say thank you. It was about 5 years ago for Memorial Day that I wanted to make pulled pork and came across you article. I was able to take your meathod/recipes and apply it the best I could using a webber kettle. Your article was my first intro tho the Egg, which I dreamed about for a few years before finally taking the plunge. It has become a family tradition to make your pulled pork and sides for every Memorial Day since reading your article. Thanks for the great methods and recipes! [p]Brett

• truhokie
    truhokie Posts: 17
    Options
    I will second the other posters thanks to you. I got an Egg for Xmas from the MrsTruhokie and used your techniques as my foundation for getting started. I have never had a lo and slo fire go out due to your procedures. Many thanks!!
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    Edintx,
    Thanks but I can not take the credit for those beans, The only thing I did differently was add my rub. Tanker Tim where ever he is that is his recipe. Thank you on his behalf also. [p]EW

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Brett,
    My pleasure and thanks. We always go camping on that holiday and until 2 years ago Egged every trip. Disassembled the large egg and rebuilt it 85 miles away. last two years just got tired of lifting it.
    EW

• Elder Ward
    Options
    truhokie,
    Thank kind sole and happy Queing.
    EW

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Well shucks ~ I'll chime in too. I've only been on these boards for a few months, but I can claim to have read through all of the archives since 2000.
    I was blown away reading posts from when NB and ST were planning on their first eggfest. Not to mention the many posts from Elder Ward.
    Welcome back. You are a legend in your own time and I'm happy to see you posting again. Thanks for all the info and assistance you've given over the years. Thanks to this here 'interweb thingie' it will live on!

• Elder Ward
    Options
    hayhonker,
    Thank ye kind sir. Ye be careful what you write big brother lives and has a long memory. Hope to hear more from you all in the future.
    EW