Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clean Burn - worked okay

Options
Did a clean burn at 600-650 for a couple hours.  Still had to go at it with green scouring pad after to get rid of the dried out stuff.  I was expecting/hoping for a white ashy result that wiped away easily, but not so much.  Maybe I need to go nuclear to do that, but not going to chance doing that.
Gregg
Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
Marietta, GA

Comments

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Have gone all out Nuclear more that once...only thing it did was turn the area above the fire grate white. Was only in one area, was about 4" long. Looked like a triangle. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Clean is overrated just ask fish less 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    There's clean, and there's "clean enough".

The grate needs to be clean, the rest of it is clean enough for what I use my egg for.

The fire bowl is creamy, honey colored. The fire ring is splotchy black. The top of the fire ring is as black as the top bowl and thermometer probe.

The grate is clean as a whistle. That's where the food goes, that's where I feed my family. The rest is just less important to me. It's as clean as it needs to be.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.