Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey J.Wilson...how is the cook going??

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious!
Can't get away from this dang computer.[p]Hopefully you are prepping your side dishes for dinner soon.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Nature Boy,Refilled the lump,went down to 153 before it started rising again. Currently at 172, which brings me to the guestion,why do you goto 180? My polder says beef well done at 170

• Nature Boy, Come get your snow. Another 2 inches are coming down as I write this. That is a total of 14 for the month. About 9 inches over the average.
    If everything goes as anticaped I'll be cooking a prime rib for Christmas Eve.[p]CWM

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    J Wilson,
    I guess you are probably eating now!! 172 might have been fine....but it will probably be more tender at 180. You can tell with a fork. Stick it in, and try and twist it, or try and lift the brisket. The fork should twist, or you should not be able to lift the brisket with a fork. I can usually tell by how easily the polder slides in and out.[p]Like your polder says, beef is definitely well done at 170. Why briskets are most tender between 180 and 200...I am not sure! But it works. Hope you had a great dinner, and I would love to read your final report![p]A little different than cooking a steak...eh?
    NB[p][p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    J Wilson,[p]Glad things turned out for you on the temp. I'm am surprised that the lump went out on you. You can load that thing up FULL, I've loaded it to the top of the fire ring and gotten 31 hours out of a medium. Next low and slow load 'er up good, it wont hurt it at all.[p]Troy