Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nashville BBQ

Traveled down to Nashville last week/weekend and had a chance to sample a lot of great food/BBQ.  From Peg Leg Porker to Hattie B's Hot Chicken it was was all amazing.  Pics below are as follows, Hattie B's, Edley's BBQ, Peg Leg Porker, and Judge Bean's (no plated pics had the brisket tacos this was a great Tex-Mex place).  If we had to choose a favorite it was Edley's BBQ in east Nashville.  I had the daily special rib sandwich with Alabama white sauce topped with crispy onion straws and fried pickles, my girlfriend had the pulled pork tacos and we shared the brisket nachos.  One place I wanted to go to and we didn't was Arnold's, I guess there's next time... :)

Madison WI

Large Big Green Egg • Pit Barrel Cooker • 36” Blackstone Griddle • New Holland Grill • Weber Q

Comments

• Edleys is awesome. Hattie B's is really good but it has gotten crazy busy. Also I think they bribe their chicken too long so it is a little salty. For hot chicken and fish I like Big Shakes. They do Hot Chicken and Hot fish. But their sides are average. 

if you come back in town let me know and I will put you on some good stuff. (I can't turn off the bold for some reason). I was in the Harpeth slaying some bass and sunfish this afternoon...if you want to do some wade fishing I can put you on some fish as well)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Sounds great!  Thanks. @Killit_and_Grillit
    Madison WI

Large Big Green Egg • Pit Barrel Cooker • 36” Blackstone Griddle • New Holland Grill • Weber Q
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    I was in Nashville this weekend too. Swung by Hattie B's and ordered the Damn Hot tenders.  FIIIIRRREEEEEE- That stuff was HOT!! The pimento mac was amazing, great collards too. 

We also went by to see a fellow Egger, Trace, at Thunderbird Wings. He started his business with his Egg. He smokes righteous smoked wing and thighs. That smoked poblano pepper mac & cheese though! 

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Peg Lef BBQ is good stuff, I enjoyed eating there.

I'm surprised that Jack's BBQ downtown wasn't on your list....it's "world famous".  

to me, my favorite nashville BBQ was always Neely's BBQ which sadly is no longer there.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • @Big_Green_Craig those wings tho! I couldn't image how the damn hot was, I ordered the medium and that was really hot in my book.  The Jackalope on tap helped out!

Jacks was on the list just ran out of time, we're definitely going back again! @msloan
    Madison WI