Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Bison Is Poised To Become The U.S. National Mammal

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    I'm glad to see that our representatives in Congress have been hard at work, focusing their energy on topics that will really make a difference to the lives of Americans.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Whoa! Congress can make the ol' buf' a National symbol but, is pretty much unable or incapable of much else? They'll point to that little piece of legislation as a milestone of their tenure I'll bet.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    We have been buffaloed by our congress for years!

Remember the definition of progress.   Then, what should the definition of congress be?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    It's about time that the buffalo gets gets the respect that he deserves. May he forever roam free. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    It is heartbreaking learing that they were shot for sport and left to waste, almost to extinction.   Beautiful animal, majestic amd every bit a symbol of this country as the eagle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    So, as I understand this, this bill is on the verge of being signed into law, right?
    By a democratic president and a republican controlled congress, right?

This is how our government should work. Reaching across the aisles to pass benchmark legislation of national and historic significance.

Perhaps we will get their image re-established on the US nickel?

Approaching 20 Trillion in debt, unable to put together meaningful budgets, can't work through a Supreme Court Justice, no work towards our current immigration issues, etc. ad nauseum.

However, our congress can choose an animal that travels in herds, with poor vision, that have created  areas of waste by wallowing and doing nothing, while having little intelligence, as the mammal to represent the United States of America.

How prophetic is that?

Certainly we can align these characteristics with our Do Nothing Government.

I suppose the Lemming was unavailable.

Bison Lives Matter!

Your Tax Dollars at work comrades.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    @YukonRon- well thought our presentation my friend!