Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone 2nd round

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Still not overly impressed. Managed dinner though. Sliders. Bacon, onions, cheese, avocado and a fried egg. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Do some smash burgers. You'll fall in love. 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Sure looks good to me.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Do some smash burgers. You'll fall in love. Just not sure it's anything special. Other than convenience. I can do the same on my Waring eye. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I'm kinda in the same boat. Bacon, grilled cheese, and pancakes so far is what we use ours for. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm kinda in the same boat. Bacon, grilled cheese, and pancakes so far is what we use ours for. 
    Hashbrowns?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I actually like hashbrowns better in my frying pan, more contained and I can lid it to cook faster, easier. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Keep playing.....joy is around the corner!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bigbang1955
    bigbang1955 Posts: 14
    Had the Blackstone tabletop for less than a week.  So far so good.   Daughter number 2 came over tonight with homemade bread.  What better way to use homemade bread than sandwiches on the griddle!!   
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    I also started with breakfast cooking for 2-4 and about three weeks ago, cooking for 30.  Everything from bacon, eggs, hash browns, pancakes and french toast.  I have also done steaks, smash burgers (the only way the family will eat them now) and chicken breasts among other things.  All were fantastic.

3 weeks ago I had about 30 people eating here for 5 days.  In addition to cooking on the eggs I also cooked dinner one night on the Blackstone.  Steak and chicken fajitas along with grilled peppers and onions.  I was able to cook the steak, chicken and veggies all at the same time on separate sections of the griddle.

Next up for me will be my first try at stir fry and fried rice.

I use this thing at least twice a week and I love it.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Do fajitas. 
    Build a wall
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2016
    A flat-top grill has been made to be a necessity by forum standards in particular the Blackstone. It's an economical product in comparison to its commercial counterparts. Looks good Tony. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    A flat-top grill has been made to be a necessity by forum standards in particular the Blackstone. It's an economical product in comparison to its commercial counterparts. 
    There is a ton of truth in the above brother Husker. This heavy duty model starts at about 15 grand and increases dramatically with size and options. 

I have had a eye out for a used one. No luck thus far.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @henapple
    Looks good to me Unc.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Fried rice is amazing on it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SGH We have a "failed" 9 y.o. 72" Rankin Deluxe sitting in my shop for the taking. Until I have an OD kitchen it'll have to wait. :sad:
    I can acquire decent commercial units that require minimum wrench work but, I need the OD kitchen first. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL