Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great time at Eggs by the Bay

Options
MasterMason
MasterMason Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Smitty and the rest of his crew, I think a great time was had by all at the Eggs by the Bay today. For a first time event, I was surprised to see all the people that came from such great distances to participate in the event.[p]He we even got to meet Chubby, Elder Ward, BobbyQ and a bunch of other great folks.[p]Thanks for a great time Smitty.

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Master Mason,[p]What a day. Here's a few pics from today, more to come later.[p]Bobby & Brenda getting the day started with a "How To" class on BGE basics.
    EF5.jpg[p]Smitty and the Legend Elder Ward.
    EG6.jpg
    Gloria Johnson and Chubby's Chick cooking up a storm.
    EF1.jpg
    Kurt Oehlschlaeger pulling the Ribs off, ready to serve.
    EF3.jpg[p][p]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Great time Smitty!! You did an awesome job pullin the Eggfest together. Thanks for everything!

• Unknown
    Options
    This was truely a great experience for a first timer(me)
    to sample and watch so many talented eggers.
    I am going to make some ABT's for my kid's today.
    A big thank you to all the staff, and to new friends.
    My wife absolutely loved Glenn's seafood lasagna,
    And we are having juevos rancheros for breakfast this morning thank's to a lovely homemade salsa so generously
    provided.
    Until next year!
    Ruben

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Master Mason,[p]I just want to thank every one for a great day. Wish it could have been a week. Smitty I am so tired from driving I have not unpack my stuff yet.)). Brenda I just loved the time went spent getting to know one another personally face to face. folks if you have never met the Lady of BBQ let me tell you some thing. You would have to search long and hard to find a more classy Lady than Brenda. Sorry I could not find you to say good bye when it was time to leave, know I enjoy talking about some BBQ folks that are pit masters in sky and led the way for us to be where we are today.
    Bobby, Chubby and his wife and all that cooked we are in your debt. In cluding that Damed Yankee and his to die for southern cornbread. What a feast. I am the world worst at remembering names so please forgive me if I have not named you personally. What I want to know is, all that time I spent with Kurt and his wife talking, how did I manage to miss out on those ribs.
    Two last things. Everyone was so generous with their tales of using my version of Pulled Pork and related stories I really felt the love and I hope they were not overly disappointed with the fact that I am just like the rest of you a normal guy. I for my part sat at all the pitmasters feet and learned so much this weekend. If you want to decrease your learning curve? Come to one of these events.
    Be sure to bring extra cash to buy from the venders not just to support them which we should, but I for one should have because there were dozens of things I know I will buy in the future but now I will have to pay shipping. Oh well live and learn. [p]If you got em smoke em, [p]Carl Ward ,EW

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Elder Ward,[p] The "Damn Yankee" says it was a pleasure. Glad you liked the Corn Bread :) [p]
  • wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    Great day was had by all. We had Texas, Oregon, Illinois, California and others I can't remember right now. Terrific food to sample and Made some new friends. Thanks to the crew from Sierra Select [our distributor] for doing all the setup on the eggs. [p]A very special thanks to Smitty and his family of helpers for putting on a great event![p]Glenn [wobin][p]P.S.-It's 1:35pm the next day and I still can't eat-absolutely stuffed myself.

• Unknown
    Options
    Eventhough I got there towards the end, I still walked away stuffed wtih all the wonderful food there! Thanks to everyone cooking/helping out! And also thanks for the great deal on my new egg too! :) Thanks everyone and see you next year! :)
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Master Mason,
    Thanks to Smitty and his crew everything came off just like clockwork.[p]It was nice to meet so many talented cooks.[p]I have to say is if I see another tri-tip in the next month, I think I'll scream. Cooking eight of them in four shifts on a medium was enough to wear one out.

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]I had a great time smitty, thank you. I was able to buy a medium demo after all. [p]Dec